CNG instead of gas

I bought my truck with LPG installed. ( 230 liter tank and 2 evaporators. ) Just for info , they can only fill it up to about 80 % so when +/- out of LPG they pump about 160 liters in it. Off the line there's no much difference but at the higher rev's and the more in higher gears there seems to be a shortage of LPG. :dontknow: Perhaps the evaporators cannot do there job in time. But it's cheap cruising compared to fuel. And that fuel is only a button press away for max power ! :D So i have a bit the feeling of NOS.....;) :eek:

The state here in AZ several years back was offering huge rebates (sometimes 50-70% of the cost of vehicle) to go CNG, and nearly paying for the entire conversion kit (average cost is 2500-5000), HP does go down, a friend of mine has his suburdan done... cost him around $4500.00 he got rebated the entire amount, had a "CNG pump" installed at his house, the truck runs on both fuels... there is a switch inside the dash... it does fairly well... but you can tell the HP loss when its on CNG.

The state stopped the rebates however, because of fraud, it was designed for AZ residents only, however a bunch of Cali and Nevada residents bought into it... and nearly bankrupted the program... so they pulled the plug on the deal.... completed the AZ resident rebates.. told the other ones who were out of state.. "tough.. eat it" in so many words...

Its not something I would do on my Viper engine... but if I had a SUV I might do it...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back