Cold weather issues?

Gecko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues when the temperature starts getting cooler? My truck runs great but when it gets cooler, like in the fall, it starts doing weird things.

For instance, a cold start and then putting her in first gear from a stop sometimes she will slip and make that loud...grinding isn't the right word, but spinning noise. It's only ever in first and it only happens when it's cooler outside. During the summer not at all. Then it seems once I've driving around enough and the fluid is more viscous everything is fine. Other than that the truck drives great and I don't have any issues.

I just can't figure out why it does this every once in a while.

Does anyone else have issues when the temperature starts getting cooler? My truck runs great but when it gets cooler, like in the fall, it starts doing weird things.

For instance, a cold start and then putting her in first gear from a stop sometimes she will slip and make that loud...grinding isn't the right word, but spinning noise. It's only ever in first and it only happens when it's cooler outside. During the summer not at all. Then it seems once I've driving around enough and the fluid is more viscous everything is fine. Other than that the truck drives great and I don't have any issues.

I just can't figure out why it does this every once in a while.

Are your referring to the gear shifter? Mine does it when temps are cold...factory trans oil is a bit thick to begin with. When I leave I almost immediately shift into 2nd then 100yds away I have to stop and go back to 1st. Thats when you'll get some noise that you are describing. When you push the clutch in give it 2 sec's before slipping into first. Only takes about a mile or two of driving and never happens again.

Are your referring to the gear shifter? Mine does it when temps are cold...factory trans oil is a bit thick to begin with. When I leave I almost immediately shift into 2nd then 100yds away I have to stop and go back to 1st. Thats when you'll get some noise that you are describing. When you push the clutch in give it 2 sec's before slipping into first. Only takes about a mile or two of driving and never happens again.
That sounds exactly like it. I just wanted to make sure something wasn't wrong. I try to be real slow with it in the morning or when it's cold to avoid it. Good to know I'm not the only one.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back