Common problems with the RAM SRT-10... Please list them here.

energetic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone...
Am new to your forum and so far judging from your replies in my introduction topic below, you guys are great...
http://vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1135

I would like you to post the common problems of the RAM SRT-10 and its pros and cons. Am really interested of getting this amazing "Vipered Truck" and I need all the info I can get... So far I know that there are some clutch issues from what I've read...

Thanks! :wavey:

I had problems with my '04----Check the harmonic balancer, it was very loose, and I also had problems with my rack and pinion. But all is well so far (fingers crossed)!!

Haven't had any issues w/ my 05 beside the little plastic nipples on the peddles which I got warrantied out :)

Does crazy adrenaline rush behaviour (like red-light racing) count as a problem?! ;)

Not a single problem with my 2005 (except the aforementioned).

Last edited:
No probs here, but the urge to step on the gas pedal is pretty damn big :)

Clutch problems are found only when driving hard for most folks, so if you plan on doing any racing you might want to look at a clutch & flywheel upgrade first.

I have had zero problems with mine, right around 9k miles on it right now. Well, I have had a problem getting all that rubber off the rear fenders!

............... depends on which year you get. '04's had the most problems.
Mine didn't have any :dontknow: :dancing:

good luck!
Quick

nothing serious for problems if you catch them before they get out of hand

1# harmonic ballencer comming lose key and pin it
2# clutch a lil weak

everything else minor
3# door seals ripping
4# amp or sub issues

5# which im sure everyoen has this problem... the rubber on the back wheels leaves to quickly... and they become bald really quick under WOT and burnouts LOL

Good info you guys are posting... :)
I think as as far as mechanical issues concerned, the clutch (under certain circumstances) is the most common problem, right?

Weak ass clutch, slave and master cylinders.

Lousy air conditioning.

Sound system needs a little work (over hyped).

Need to constantly clean the passenger seat...always full of piss, shit and the occasional vomit.

Dash board and Jesus handle scratch easily. (nail marks)

My entire town is full of wet panties and its starting to smell.

energetic said:
Good info you guys are posting... :)
I think as as far as mechanical issues concerned, the clutch (under certain circumstances) is the most common problem, right?

I think the most common problem is sore face muscles from all the grinning we do when we drive. :D :D :D :D :D

Another common problem is the door seal tearing but that happens on all Ram models. It has been addressed by Dodge and is an easy fix.

Daily Driver with over 15,000 miles and no problems whatsoever. And mine is not stock either as you can see by my signature!!!!

Blakewilder said:
05 has 4 pistons calipers not 2 pistons......window molding is a TSB....Front rotors are TSB.....I duno what else

Whats the TSB on the front Rotors - i missed that one?

These trucks aren't fast enough........... Get a Paxton or other forced induction......makes it all worthwhile.

SD

I just shredded my second serpentine belt. After the first one the jackasses at the dealership said there wasn't a problem and the thing just failed. This time it happened and I had to get towed to a different dealership. Guy called me today to say the tensioner is bent. I have no idea how that happened, but he can't find the part, so my baby is spending the weekend in the shop waiting for one to arrive from the assembly line. Hopefully that will take care of it.

-Brad

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back