Computer programs and tuning

DC Performance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many companies out there advertising custom tuning for the Dodge Viper and the SRT Ram.
I believe DC Performance can provide you with the best tuning solutions. DC Performance has specialized in tuning the Dodge Viper and Ram for numerous years and has tuned almost every combination of performance parts. In the last year, tuning software has been released for the Viper Engine. DC Performance developed this capability years ago and has been through the learning curve new shops are just experiencing.
We offer reprogrammed PCM's, Hand held programmers and custom tuning. All of our programs have been developed in house on our Dynajet 224 dyno or our Dynapack load dynamometer. DC Performance is known for finding tuning solutions when others have given up.
Please feel free to call for your tuning application.
Dan Cragin
President
DC Performance Inc
3370 So. Livonia Ave
Los Angeles, Ca
310-841-6996

What is the cost for 2-3 "mail order" tunes for those of us that already own the SCT programmer?

DC Performance...a quality company that does what it says it will do. I cannot recall a single complaint about this firm. What a great way to run a business.

hope they got #1 on that LA list thingy.:rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats:

any word on the BBK TB??????:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I love my Stage II from DC Performance !!!!

For MOST of us,the SCT with three tunes is a solution to a non-existent problem.Just get your computer flashed with a Stage II and you will have all that you need.(of course the SCT with Stage II tune won't be bad,just more expensive)

HOT RAM said:

For MOST of us,the SCT with three tunes is a solution to a non-existent problem.Just get your computer flashed with a Stage II and you will have all that you need.(of course the SCT with Stage II tune won't be bad,just more expensive)

I'm still under factory warranty, so I like the ability to change back to defaults if I need to take it in for service.

Dan, I loved your tune on my last truck. Now I'm trying to find out if my new one has a flash. If I gave you my VIN number, could you tell me if something had been changed; at least by DC Performance?

ohiosrt10 said:
I'm still under factory warranty, so I like the ability to change back to defaults if I need to take it in for service.

that is why I have TWO PCMs :D

(out of warranty now so it doesn't matter any longer)

HOT RAM said:

I also have 2 p.c.m.s, but there are advantages of the SCT Programmer to consider....

I took my truck into the bodyshop for some touch-ups before putting it away for the Winter. They had a new kid there that I watched from a distance move the truck around from the back to the front of the shop, as I was just pulling in to pick it up.
When he thought nobody was watching, he tried to nail it (hard). The "Valet Tune" D.C. Performance sent me worked its magic and COMPLETELY prevented the engine from going to w.o.t. or even accelerating at all. The engine was cold to boot. I had a chat with him but to me it was a huge advantage to have the tune in there! For "normal" driving you would never know it was in there. As soon as there is a quick throttle movement the engine just falls flat. It is a great thing to have for those times when you assume if someone else has to be driving, they would treat your vehicle properly, but don't. Those times are rare for us but the piece of mind is priceless.

A couple of minutes later I installed the 94 octane tune with the programmer. I also have a 91 octane tune in the SCT to use, if the good gas isn't available.
It is also great to have revised tunes emailed if you are making running changes to your truck, like I did. A trip to the dyno, an email to DC and you have a custom tune exactly the way you want it. It is great for me living 1500 miles away from them.

Last edited:
As I said ,for "MOST" of us

Nothing wrong with it at all,but very pricey compared to just a tune

Not all of us have $50,000 + incomes

I am at that awkward place that I make too much to get any assistance ,yet don't make enough to be comfortable

HOT RAM said:
As I said ,for "MOST" of us

Nothing wrong with it at all,but very pricey compared to just a tune

Not all of us have $50,000 + incomes

I am at that awkward place that I make too much to get any assistance ,yet don't make enough to be comfortable

Got a question, the "Stage 2" tune, did you see a big difference?

MikeNice said:
Got a question, the "Stage 2" tune, did you see a big difference?

yes !

much smoother,no back-rapping/cackling like before,runs no hotter than 180
at ANY time !!

and did I mention more power ?

yes,it is much more noticeable on a QC,but the RC does see a marked improvement

You can get it on your stock pcm or buy a separate one
OR if you have the $$$$$$$ ,DC can put it on an SCT tuner and two other tunes to boot

Still looking for an answer.. how much should I expect to pay for a "mail-order" tune if I already have an SCT programmer?

I also have 2 PCM's. I keep the stock PCM in a static proof bag with a nut driver in the storage bin just in case I ever break down and not in tow distance from DC Performance. It was the best mod I have done to my truck so far. It really wakes the truck up. Truck runs cooler with the 170 degree thermostat. No torque management means truck feels like it lost the boat anchor that I use to drag. You won't be disappointed. I still smile when I drive it.

ohiosrt10 said:
Still looking for an answer.. how much should I expect to pay for a "mail-order" tune if I already have an SCT programmer?
I paid $200 from DC performance. But I also bought a PCM from them earlier. DC performance is the shiznit:rock:

Dan how much do you charge if I send you a dyno sheet and retune it for me on the SCT?

jrangel said:
I also have 2 PCM's. I keep the stock PCM in a static proof bag with a nut driver in the storage bin just in case I ever break down and not in tow distance from DC Performance. It was the best mod I have done to my truck so far. It really wakes the truck up. Truck runs cooler with the 170 degree thermostat. No torque management means truck feels like it lost the boat anchor that I use to drag. You won't be disappointed. I still smile when I drive it.

One of the few legitimate reasons to have a second pcm. If you mod, you live with the consequences.

You have ethics or you don't...sorry my Mother made me say it! We all have a line we draw, the choice on where that line is, is an individual choice...do what your heart agrees to do.

Now back to your normal programming.

Prof said:
One of the few legitimate reasons to have a second pcm. If you mod, you live with the consequences.

You have ethics or you don't...sorry my Mother made me say it! We all have a line we draw, the choice on where that line is, is an individual choice...do what your heart agrees to do.

Now back to your normal programming.

I just don't want the dealer to flash my PCM to stock and loose my stage II. My Mom says better safe than sorry.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back