Confused Paxton Cooler Question

CTRdemon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you can probably tell from the question, I am new to tuning!

I have a paxton novi 2000 on the truck and I was looking at mods to help it run cooler and automatically started looking for intercoolers to cool the air.

I looked at the standard cooler that comes with it and it said "Oil cooler" on the top. Does it cool the oil or air in this application?

Thanks and sorry if it is a stupid question.

If it's the standard Paxton charge cooler it's it's water to air. I've got a little black rad at the very front with two soft pipes coming off it they go down to pump in the left hand corner behind the bumper and then back up to the back of the cooler behind the super charger. If you turn the ignition on you should be able to walk round and hear the pump running, you can also open the cooler lid and you'll see a slight swirl if it's all working.

Charlie

Thanks Oggers, it is the standard little black rad.

Wow, they have a lot of nice stuff.

I will probably have to have a look around for online stores here in the UK that will sell something suitable. Shipping, import duty and UK VAT is a killer here which makes it very difficult to order larger/more expensive items from the US.

There uk, so am I. Live in Reading and there's another Paxton srt ram just up the road in Thatcham!

Charlie

There uk, so am I. Live in Reading and there's another Paxton srt ram just up the road in Thatcham!

Charlie

Ha! So they are! :eek:

I looked at the pretty pictures on the homepage and didn't go any further.

Nice! I am in Essex (and now embarrassed to say because of that :mad:stupid:mad: tv show).

Where did you have your Paxton fitted? What other bits you done? I am going to put together a list and see what the general consensus is on here about the mods.

Paxton was already fitted. Truck was owned by somebody high up in some big motor group so was done "in house" but I've checked everything and all is absolutely spot on! No other bits apart form a short shift and some lowering shackles.

Charlie

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back