Convoy to the Nats

outnumbered

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may have already been started somewhere else, but I simply cannot keep up with all the new posts. So, part of the excitement of going this year is the thought of a bunch of trucks going down the highway. It's a sight seeing 5 or 6 at some of the GTG's, so I can't imagine what possibly 20+ would look like.

I plan on leaving on the 9th, and would love to know what everyone else is doing, and where some of us can meet. Right now, Big Dave and I are planning on traveling together--not real sure where we are meeting but it will be in NC:D . It would be great if we could go ahead and get some discussion going on when you are leaving, and where you're leaving from.

Ron

Yeah Man! looking forward to it. I haven't laid out a route yet but do want to meet up with the group and convoy up to the Nats. Everyone should get some FRS radios to be able to talk to one another during the trip. That way we can signal our gas and rest stops and even use them at the Nats for communication. How many others are leaving/passing through NC?

My mapping software is showing 77 to 64 to 35. Don't know if that's a good route or not. Stinker might know a better way since he's on the roads more.

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
Yeah Man! looking forward to it. I haven't laid out a route yet but do want to meet up with the group and convoy up to the Nats. Everyone should get some FRS radios to be able to talk to one another during the trip. That way we can signal our gas and rest stops and even use them at the Nats for communication. How many others are leaving/passing through NC?

My mapping software is showing 77 to 64 to 35. Don't know if that's a good route or not. Stinker might know a better way since he's on the roads more.

Those radios are fine for traveling, but 40,000 other people will have them at the NATS:D

ill be headed up through nashville gonna try and meet up with mopower this year, we went early last year we are gonna stay through sunday this year and come back monday.

You're exactly right there Dave, 77n to 64 w to hwy 35 on up bruddha:rock:

Yuns can count me in, but you know me, depends on where I am at, heck my possible new boss might not let me off:dontknow:

but you can always tell when its time for a pee stop......................when your wiendshield is the only one getting wet:p

oh and who invited Ron?:dontknow: :D

I'll be coming from the north, so I will see all of you when you get there.

Bill.

I just checked my schedule and it looks like I actually have time this year to make it :rock: I'll be in Pitsburg for the last stop of the Van's Warped Tour on the 8th, so I'd love to meet up with everyone and cruise over to OH, I'll more then like bring the enitre rig as to go all the way home to MD and come back the next day would be kind of a waste but I do like the idea of driving her out and back.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I'd be in for meeting up somewhere and convoying...

Maybe you could meet us in Nashville Steve. We will spend Wednesday night there,meet up with some folks in Bowling Green Thursday morning, eat breakfast and head for Columbus. I will get you and Eddie the motel info for Nashville if you need it.

mopower1958 said:
Those radios are fine for traveling, but 40,000 other people will have them at the NATS:D

No Waaayyy!! I'm the only one who's thought of the FRS radios. Don't tell anyone else. :D

When we get there we will probably have to resort to cell phones to communicate.

mopower1958 said:
Maybe you could meet us in Nashville Steve. We will spend Wednesday night there,meet up with some folks in Bowling Green Thursday morning, eat breakfast and head for Columbus. I will get you and Eddie the motel info for Nashville if you need it.

David, please get me the info and keep me posted on your schedule. Meeting up with you would be fun!

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I'd be in for meeting up somewhere and convoying...

Ummm STEVE... Remember? I'll be shooting through Dal/FW on the way to meet up with you..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back