Coolant Temps and Fan speeds

05Silver10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning I changed my oil and installed my new JTSVP oil lines. After I was done I took the truck for a drive to make sure all was good. (Excellent oil lines and 15W-50 rock :rock:) Anyway, I have had the fluctuating coolant temps since I bought the truck about a month and a half ago so I let it sit and run in my drive way to see how hot it would get. It got up to about 210 and stayed there. The high speed fan never came on so I am wondering what the temp is where the high speed fan comes on. I am planning to change out the thermostat just incase it is sticky. My truck is 2005 with 20k miles so it didn't get driven much. that's why I think it my be sticky. Any ideas? :dontknow:

have ya tryed usin the bleeder to bleed the system, just to see if ya got air in thar???

surge tank at least half full

It's around 215 you just didn't get there.
Prolly wont as your 195 stay is doing its job. We can do a tune and 170-180 T Stat and she'll stay 185 all day long ;)

have ya tryed usin the bleeder to bleed the system, just to see if ya got air in thar???

surge tank at least half full

Yes, the surge tank is full and I have opened the bleeder with heater on full blast. Only coolant comes out.

Prolly wont as your 195 stay is doing its job. We can do a tune and 170-180 T Stat and she'll stay 185 all day long ;)

I would love to do that but I have a 3 year 36000 mile warranty that I don't want to risk voiding. Figured I would see if I have a sticky stat. I guess I could go ahead and put in a lower temp stat. I know it will not lower my temps from stock but it will be there for later if I decide to tune the fans.

Yes, the surge tank is full and I have opened the bleeder with heater on full blast. Only coolant comes out.

I would love to do that but I have a 3 year 36000 mile warranty that I don't want to risk voiding. Figured I would see if I have a sticky stat. I guess I could go ahead and put in a lower temp stat. I know it will not lower my temps from stock but it will be there for later if I decide to tune the fans.

Warranty wouldn't know anything sir. A Thermostat won't affect it and you can easily return tune to stock within 3 minutes :rock:

Thats what I did, works out awesome, hot summer days with AC and 185* is as hot as it gets:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back