Cost of a Good Paint Job??

10boom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any body guys on here? I have a 2 Door Chevy Tahoe that I'm building up and I'm at the point where I want to get it re-painted. It really doesn't have any body damage, except for a couple of normal parking lot dings and scratches, so what do you guys think it should cost me for a good paint job??
I don't want a jaw dropping show winner paint job, just something that looks good and will last. Thanks!

Maaco has an economy paint job for $500. But you get what you pay for a decent paint job that will last with labor and all is between $1500-5000 here in Florida and also depending on what paint you go with. Someone can prob give you a more exact cost! My dad just paid $7500 for his 76 stingray vette paintjob in 50th aniversary corvette maroone.

depends on whole color change ???? or same color, Good paint job, jambs under hood, should run you 3-5 K depends on shop.

White paint hides a multitude of small defects , is cooler and requires less upkeep as well as maintenance, might look into an industrial type like used on cement trucks, alkaloid resistant and lasts for years even in the hot sun.

viperhauler said:
where in sc are you...i can recommend a few that have done work for me....

and some on my truck;)

I'm in Columbia, and thanks for the advice guys.....

I agree somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5K if you are staying the same color though. This would include doing the big ass roof as well. DO NOT go to Maaco or you'll regret it. The paint they use is substandard single stage paint that will deteriorate within months. Ask the painter what brand he uses. You want something in Nexa/Autocolor,PPG, DuPont, Spies Hecker, etc. Something a little more costly but will be there for decades if taken care of. Go to some of your local dealers that have body shops, and ask questions to the painters themselves, not the Manager or estimator. Act as if you want to do it yourself, but are scared and most likely you can talk ( if they don't offer) them into doing it on the side. This economy has us all in a crunch and a bodyman or painter would be glad to do it on the side for less money than you'd pay the shop, and you help a brother out. ON the side I'd say you can find a great painter to do the whole job for about 3K.:burnout:

yep depends on what you want it to look like, i have 3 grand in the toyota i just had painted but they painter quit counting at 40 on the dents and dings...lol i would think for around 1500 bucks you should be able to get a good paint job that will last.

i had to bring this thread back to life to ask how much would it cost you think to go from black to white?? i know it wont be real cheap just want a ballpark figure

ViperPunk said:
i had to bring this thread back to life to ask how much would it cost you think to go from black to white?? i know it wont be real cheap just want a ballpark figure
$5,000 if you want it done right.

First of all, what do you consider a "good paint job"? If you are talking about one that will look good even when you get right up to the vehicle, than Maaco doesn't even get mentioned.

What I consider a good paint job will cost at least $5000.00. And if you want it to look "really good", plan on closer to $10,000.00 unless you know the painter. I know of one award winning painter that won't touch a vehicle for less than $15,000.00.

Now please understand that I have many friends that have not only built cars that are featured in magazines, but also won awards at very big shows like Autorama.

You do what makes you happy.

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back