Countrywide Mortgage....

azpyroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a major issue with Countrywide Mortgage... they refused to resolve the issue and took the high road that a typical 80 billion dollar corporation does to its customers... so I did my part by creating a nice little website that talks about the situation... and how they mishandled it.

I sent letters to all the corporate exectutives with a link to the website in it...

Even more funny.. I am using a "Free Hosting" service and the ADS they PAY FOR show up on my website that talks about how they mishandled the loan, what they used mortgage proceeds for etc..

Take a peek..

My Countrywide Complaint Site

Its a forum, and a place to contact me as well.. I am adding images to the site as I type this...

Cliff notes? :)

They were a consideration for my future mortgage needs. I know two people that had an outstanding experience with them.

As with every company, not every transaction goes as planned. :(

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your bad experience w/ them :( I have had them for 3 years now on my 30yr fixed without any complaints...YET :D

-Red

Roz-SRT said:
Cliff notes? :)

They were a consideration for my future mortgage needs. I know two people that had an outstanding experience with them.

As with every company, not every transaction goes as planned. :(

Cliff Notes...lol.. Funny..

Just maybe it will get their attention. I have a knack at being a pest to a company that disregards customer first attitudes... etc..

Sorry, I'm just at work and wanted to hear what the situation was, I'll read it later when I get to the house. :)

Best of luck though my friend!

RedSrt007 said:
Sorry to hear about your bad experience w/ them :( I have had them for 3 years now on my 30yr fixed without any complaints...YET :D

-Red

Good for you!! =)

I failed to mention how they screwed up my escrow, and insurance as well...
The whole process with them was doomed from the start...

I have reported them to: BBB, Federal Trade Commision, Arizona State Banking Department, and in process of filing consumer complaints regarding SOX and GLBA.

Because they are a public company, they have to file a suitable answer to the investigator on the SOX/GLBA complaints as to how the money was spent, why, etc.. usually companies will back down at this point and realize that they made what they like to call a "Clerical Error"...

Roz-SRT said:
Sorry, I'm just at work and wanted to hear what the situation was, I'll read it later when I get to the house. :)

Actually the version on the site is the cliff notes version.. I shortened it quite a bit so as to keep it on track.. and not lose anyone...

I just read your story.................that just sucks.

My first loan was with Countrywide........I cant say I was screwed but my broker had promised some things and I ended up with different things. They screwed up paying my insurance a couple of times, had my name with the wrong account number on forms...........headaches.... After the five year pre payment penalty period was over I refinanced and the new company sold my loan and it ended up back with Countrywide again!!!:( This time around I took out my insurance and taxes and pay them myself. No screwups this time around with only 12 years to go!! LOL

Good luck

patrick

I was almost considering CountryWide for my home loan but huge companies can't give you the personal attention smaller ones can. Sorry to hear about all the problems with them, I hope they correct their mistakes.

mauiSRT/10 said:
I just read your story.................that just sucks.

My first loan was with Countrywide........I cant say I was screwed but my broker had promised some things and I ended up with different things. They screwed up paying my insurance a couple of times, had my name with the wrong account number on forms...........headaches.... After the five year pre payment penalty period was over I refinanced and the new company sold my loan and it ended up back with Countrywide again!!!:( This time around I took out my insurance and taxes and pay them myself. No screwups this time around with only 12 years to go!! LOL

Good luck

patrick

Come to think of it, they did screw up my impound account's lol...what a pain that was, finally they got it right!

-Red

RedSrt007 said:
Come to think of it, they did screw up my impound account's lol...what a pain that was, finally they got it right!

-Red

This is another thing that irritated the shit out of me with them and my impound account. Every year they would change it and every year I would either owe them more or they would cut me a check for the overage..........I hated that.

Now its the same every month every year and I know my taxes and insurance are paid.

patrick

I've purchased my last two homes with Countrywide and have not had any problems. Yes, the escrow amount changes each year, but so do my home owner's insurance (due to actual replacement cost coverage) and taxes. Also have an HELOC loan with them that I can access with a credit card. No problems there either. Guess I must be the lucky one!

Roz-SRT said:

Roz, We NEED to see a full size pic of the chic in your Avatar!!!

Actually, a few full size pics of her in varying poses would be nice!
That is quite possibly the nicest arse I have seen! But, I need bigger pics to be sure. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back