Crap.

What should I get?

• Total voters

l3it3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, you guys have infected me. I don't know WHAT I want to buy next now. I've been waiting for that Challenger ever since I saw the first spy pic of it (hidden behind a tree, at a photoshoot). I still like the Charger SRT-8, I'd LOVE to get a used Viper GTS,and now, there's a little bug in my ear (WS-6 from srtmopar) trying to get me to get a LS1 based vehicle, most likely a Vette (FRC or ZO6). But now, I REALLY like the SRT-10 RAM QC. I need to get something that I can drive on the weekends, and really nice days too. I just don't know what to do now.. I guess I feel like I'm gonna freak out and buy somethign stupid like an M3 or something :eek: Help!!

10th post, NO, I don't have a Hemi.

The GTS is one of my dream cars too.. i just don't know if that's something that I should buy now, or when the new ones are out and they push the price of the GTS even further down because people will be scrambling to sell them for the new one. (rumor of 650-700HP) The ZO6 would be the cheapest one, but also goes against my 'roots'

I voted for other and here is my dream car.

http://www.superformance.com/

I got to drive an original when I was 17. A friends dad had one. Funny thing is he let me drive it and not his kid.

Anyway that will probably be what I will have next spring.

Out of the list of cars you named, I would take the Viper. I really like brute HP and a lack of sophistication.

For what you want/need now it is a no brainer ...a SRT-10 QC.Now for others a dream car may be different since we have various other toys ,needs and wants.

l3it3r said:
Silver, any prices for that MkIII?

Rolling chassis is about $42,000 to $48,000 depending on options. I'm looking at the 588CI Roush engine which brings it to about $70,000. Drove both a 460and a 512 stroker. Liked the 512, but the 588 has another 100+ hp. Should be fun.:D :D

The QC is the thing. Just can't beat it for all around versatility and it will still stomp the shit out of most things on the road. I personally got rid of a vette to get this truck. My wife having twins had something to do with that though. LOL. But to tell the truth I really do like driving the truck better than the vette anyway.

SRT-10 QC or RC Chris. Only because you would fit this family of misfits perfectly. Being part of the Red Button Club would be a nice fit for you. You belong in one, no doubt about it.:cool:

I'm strongly leaning towards the QC out of the list.. I still REALLY want both a challenger and a viper though.. Guess I'll just have to make more money.. lol

I hope that sometime within the next 6 months or so I can make my final choice.. I know that my wife would like the Truck Idea though.. she's all about trucks..

which brings me to my next question? why no QC in the logo ? hmmm?! ;) lol

The QC is gonna have way more versatility than the others. Market is really good for buyers now. Bill Pemberton has a yella feva with 3k miles on it that he is selling for low $30's. Just a FYI for ya!!

patrick

I didn't vote cuz I'm in the same situation as you. I'd LOVE to have a '99-'02 Viper GTS. Sapphire, black, steel grey - any would do. Preferrably without stripes.

Then again, wait a year for the excitement to die down a bit and maybe a C6 ZO6? Sorry, but you can't deny the performance of the stock car. I'm seriously impressed.

To make it even more complicated, I keep asking myself 'Why'? Because I know I won't hardly drive the damn thing, and when I do, I'll be paranoid about putting too many miles on it OR even worse - getting hit by some retard. (Then I go to jail for what I do afterwards:rolleyes: ) My truck only has 7K on it after 2 years now, so you know it doesn't get driven much now.

And another thing, until last year I had 4 vehicles, and at times, it can be a major PITA! Don't really want to pay insurance on something that just sits either.

OK, I'm done. Post pics of whatever you buy!! Glad I could help.:D ;)

Oh yeah, a Black, stripe delete, '99 ACR with the comfort package - BOING!!:):)

Last edited:
hahaha, yep, cars are a bitch. I really REALLY really want a steel gray Viper GTS w/black stripes.. or the VCA (which I obviously like) color combo. The QC is deffinately the 'smartest' vehicle. 4 doors, ample seating, bed, and fast. But I'm still waiting for an announcement on the Challenger. I'm SOOO hooked on that thing.. I want it just like this:

plumSigned.jpg

either way, I'm waiting until at least the end of summer before I make my choice. Gotta give the challenger a fair chance ;)

Chris,

I voted for the Challenger, although, there isn't a bad choice on that list. All would be excellent and fun vehicles. Few things you need to think about tho. I love Vipers. But, as a primary driver, it makes no sense. They are very tight, huge plastic console (on the Gen I and IIs, which are my faves as well), not roomy, not a good ride, not insurance friendly, and if you ruin a clamshell hood, welp, you're on your own. (~$15k) Also, mods are an arm, leg, and a nut.

The LS-based cars (you know my background, 00 WS-6, 99 Hugger SS, 03 EB/MR Z-06) are affordable, and fairly easy to mod and tune. Not much to em, tho.

The QC is a great truck (just sold mine), but just be ready for the fuel bill. Having said that, it's hard not to pick the QC from this list.

The SRT-8 (although not my favorite 'skin' on it ;)) is an AWESOME CAR. AWESOME. Would be a great choice.

The Challenger should be pretty sweet. If it werent for the power plant coming in the Shelby, I'd prolly also be on the list for one. But I want to mod the absolute piss out of something, and it's got the platform I want to start with (forged internals, 8.5:1 CR, 500hp at only 9psi, dynoing 489 to the wheels!) If you want something that starts with 500hp, and is as easy to mod as your current ride, check it out. $500 bucks in mods should put you around ~600hp. They are also (FoMoCo) carrying a twin screw option, :D :eek: that should be good into the mid 700's (I know you have been, Ive seen you on svteperformance.com) Ive got a few other sites with better info than that <----1, if you'd like, hit me up.

As for me, I think my next choice is made up.
Now to pick the color, and find a dealer not crooked as a ? mark to place an order. Plan on going with all options, except for shaker 1000 system upgrade.
Color combo is going to be difficult part. ;) Right now, leaning towards Grabber Orange with either White or the Tungsten stripes. Let us know what you decide, and good luck on your very difficult choice!

Attachments

• ShelbyCobraGT500_comp2.jpg
    ShelbyCobraGT500_comp2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 29
My brother in law just got his confirmation letter today, picks his up in July. red/white stripes vert. Is gonna put about 100 miles on it and then sell it for way too much lol

I just talked to my other brother in law about this issue.. he talked some sense into me.. Wait for the Challenger, and THEN pick up a QC on the cheap.

The Challenger is going to be awesome, but I would definitely have to have it in the SRT package.

The GT500 looks awesome too, but the wheels would have to go immediately for some aftermarkets. Those stockers look like ASS IMHO.

:cool:

Silverback said:
Rolling chassis is about $42,000 to $48,000 depending on options. I'm looking at the 588CI Roush engine which brings it to about $70,000. Drove both a 460and a 512 stroker. Liked the 512, but the 588 has another 100+ hp. Should be fun.:D :D

Sweet JEEBUS! :eek: :cool: :D :D That would be like strapping a 588 to a bathtub. :p :cool: Talk about a death-trap! :eek: I KNEW WE WERE RELATED! BWAAAAhahahah!

ViperTruck2933 said:
The Challenger is going to be awesome, but I would definitely have to have it in the SRT package.

The GT500 looks awesome too, but the wheels would have to go immediately for some aftermarkets. Those stockers look like ASS IMHO.

:cool:

Agreed............ and

AAAgreed. :cool:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back