custom flowmaster exhaust...

devildog02 said:
A while back someone post a link to a BMW V10 that had a KILLER exhaust on it!!! It was sitting in a parking lot "not a driving video" BUT MAN!! I SOUNDED GREAT!! Please someone with puter skills please re-post it!!:burnout: I think that BMW V10 had the same firing order as our's, but I'm not 100% on that! Please send a link. I would love to here that sound again!:eek:

You mean this one? --> LINK

Yeah that is bad ass!

I have custom 3" piping with flowmasters installed and I LOOOOVE it! :D
It does pop and make crazy noises when decelerating but living in Miami, I think it's fun as hell when everyone looks. Shit it's a viper-powered truck! It should turn heads...It will literally scare the hell out of someone next to you if you downshift and punch it.
When I was installing the exhaust, they put on both the magnaflow muffler and then the flowmaster so I could hear the difference. The magnaflows don't sound quite as loud and don't pop even half as much when decelerating. They still sound very nice though. More "harmonic" if that even makes any sense?
The flowmasters?? LOUD, DEEP AND NICE but get ready to be poppin farts all over the place :cheers:
If you have patience for a few hours, I'll get you some vids and pics on my lunch break.

Flow Masters are very restrictive due to their design.

Dyno Max makes a very good flowing, sounding series of mufflers.

The Flowmasters sound like they would work well, but don't flow that well, but they do sound good for those that don't care about power.

Which performance muffler gives the best performance and sound on the V-10's? Is the X-pipe or H-pipe really worth it on our 10cylinders?

Well, as much as I love the flowmaster sound, power loss is just not an option. I believe I will I likely go with a straight through muffler design, like dynomax or aero. My main goal in changing the exhaust is to have a true dual 3" system w/ H-pipe....that should give me the sound I'm looking for overall, without the risk of power loss. Thanks everyone for your input!

I'd still love to hear some flowmaster sound files or videos on a SRT if you can post them QueLocura :)

SRTcracka said:
Right on!!

Yeah, the guy I used to go to got out of the business....I've been looking for someone new. There's not a lot to choose from around here...that you can trust, anyway. Do I need to use you as a referral? Where is he located in Bonifey?

Sure you can use me! He is in a shop behind his dad's paint and body shop. Bush's Paint and Body. He frequents Breakaway with a black Vega and Hyabusa. Nice guy and fair priced.

I had the FM 40 series on my QC and sounded ok. But replaced with the Dynomax Bullets & picked up 40hp cold and 30 hp when hot repeatable over 3 dyno runs. Fm very restricted IMO

SRTcracka said:
Well, as much as I love the flowmaster sound, power loss is just not an option. I believe I will I likely go with a straight through muffler design, like dynomax or aero. My main goal in changing the exhaust is to have a true dual 3" system w/ H-pipe....that should give me the sound I'm looking for overall, without the risk of power loss. Thanks everyone for your input!

I'd still love to hear some flowmaster sound files or videos on a SRT if you can post them QueLocura :)
I haven't forgotten...still haven't had my lunch break! F---ing hospital shifts...

When I bought my truck it had dual flowmaster exhaust on it. (I believe they were 40 series ... very small mufflers) And It was VERY loud. I do not think that they sounded that great.

I replaced with the magnaflow catback over the weekend, and WOW ... what a difference.

The magnaflow sounds SOO much better IMO. It is not as loud at idle or low speeds and has a great deep smooth tone, and at WOT the magnaflow screams.

I realize that the good ol ass dyno is only good for what its worth, but I think the magnaflow is easily a better performance choice also.

I plan to use the Aeroturbines eventually but for now I have cat delete with an "H" pipe and used the stock muffler.The "H" pipe worked GREAT !! A little quiet,but nice tone.If I remember correctly the stock muffler has two separate pipes running through it,so it basically IS a dual system.
Also,IF you get pulled over for sound,all they have to do is look at the factory/stock markings and you should be let off.(unless they have a mirror,they can't tell the cats are gone)

This is how I understand it:

X-Pipes generally make a little more HP and a little less torque than an aftermarket H-pipe.

H = low end torque
X = high end horsepower

Both help for smooth exhaust performance and lower back pressure. The H-pipe only works in the lower RPM range and effectively turns off when the RPMs get above a certain point. The X-pipe does not have a high RPM cutoff point and works across the whole RPM band.

Two Flowmaster 40s

One Magnaflow Dual In/Dual Out muffler

Cookie Monster

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back