Custom intake

Tonkasmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to the hardware store and bought 10 feet of 3 1/2 inch rubber hose and duct tape and am planning on mocking up custom piping from the Paxton (large air filter not charger air filter) to the front middle bumper area (already removed middle of steel bumper) so that I can purchase the K & N high performance intake (dual air filters shaped like a Y). For those of you laughing this is just to see if it can be done and if so then going to do aluminum pipe for the whole thing. Any ideas for routing or anyone already having done this it would be appreciated if you could point me in the right direction or offer any advice, Thanks fellas.

So I went to the hardware store and bought 10 feet of 3 1/2 inch rubber hose and duct tape and am planning on mocking up custom piping from the Paxton (large air filter not charger air filter) to the front middle bumper area (already removed middle of steel bumper) so that I can purchase the K & N high performance intake (dual air filters shaped like a Y). For those of you laughing this is just to see if it can be done and if so then going to do aluminum pipe for the whole thing. Any ideas for routing or anyone already having done this it would be appreciated if you could point me in the right direction or offer any advice, Thanks fellas.

ck out this website

Spectre Performance - Official Site

If u can get to DC performances website, they have an intake setup for the paxton.

Maybe just get a shorter radiator and stick the Y intake right out the front, through the grill like a set of horns!! :(

Maybe just get a shorter radiator and stick the Y intake right out the front, through the grill like a set of horns!! :(

Ha ha real funny the idea is a good one for dual intakes I just have to figure out where to route it. Santeen I went to the site all I saw was drop in K & N filters so not sure where to look.

Call DC, there is a guy on here that has an intake on his paxton from DC that has an inlet right behind the grill.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
Call DC, there is a guy on here that has an intake on his paxton from DC that has an inlet right behind the grill.

Yeah. It's quicksilver's truck.

Tonkasmith said:
Ha ha real funny the idea is a good one for dual intakes I just have to figure out where to route it. Santeen I went to the site all I saw was drop in K & N filters so not sure where to look.

They changed there site around. I don't see it anymore

Alright guys checked out his intake super bad ass. So I am thinking pipe off charger into an air box With another pipe straight out to grill. Only question is what to use for an airbox or is that intake something I could just buy from dc any clue???

I made this one for the track but you could run it on the street if you dont drive at night!

IMG_1710.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back