Custom Intercooler Pics

SERPENT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the custom intercooler made by Modern Performance in NJ. The older version (on Fred V's truck) produced roughly 50 rwhp over the stock Paxton cooler. This version has less resistance than the previous version and should be much less likely to show a drop in boost. The core in this version is also advertised as much more efficient and the temperature drop should be better. Will post the before and after dyno results later this week.

Attachments

• IMGP2724.JPG
    IMGP2724.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 351
  • IMGP2723w.JPG
    IMGP2723w.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMGP2723.JPG
    IMGP2723.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 227
  • IMGP2722w.JPG
    IMGP2722w.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMGP2722.JPG
    IMGP2722.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,180
  • IMGP2725.JPG
    IMGP2725.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 413
  • IMGP2726.JPG
    IMGP2726.JPG
    980.9 KB · Views: 199
  • IMGP2728.JPG
    IMGP2728.JPG
    908.3 KB · Views: 1,426
I'm VERY interested to see how you fit that puppy in your engine bay.:D

The only way I can see that fitting is if you rotate it 180 degrees (so it's over the top of the supercharger), and connect the charge pipes with U-shaped soft couplings. The A/C drier and hard lines are going to be a royal biotch to negotiate. Although I suppose if you're still using the factory intake that you could conceivably position it above it.

Ram From Hell said:
I'm VERY interested to see how you fit that puppy in your engine bay.:D

The only way I can see that fitting is if you rotate it 180 degrees (so it's over the top of the supercharger), and connect the charge pipes with U-shaped soft couplings. The A/C drier and hard lines are going to be a royal biotch to negotiate. Although I suppose if you're still using the factory intake that you could conceivably position it above it.

I'm very interested in seeing how that intercooler fits as well.

If it works I,d make it fit!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :rock: :rock: :rock:

1qksrt said:
If it works I,d make it fit!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :rock: :rock: :rock:

The cost of that intercooler is only part of making it work better. Remeber that a huge advantage was gained on the factory IC just by changing the coolant radiator, and can be further enhanced by using a larger reservoir and pump. To really take advantage of that monster IC, you'd want a coolant radiator some 20x the original Paxton unit. All that gear buys a whole lot of methanol...

That said, I got a chubby when I saw that puppy.:D

50?? hell if it gets half that you can count me in...(and prolly a few others as well) :D

Ram From Hell said:
The cost of that intercooler is only part of making it work better. Remeber that a huge advantage was gained on the factory IC just by changing the coolant radiator, and can be further enhanced by using a larger reservoir and pump. To really take advantage of that monster IC, you'd want a coolant radiator some 20x the original Paxton unit. All that gear buys a whole lot of methanol...

That said, I got a chubby when I saw that puppy.:D

OR you can throw some NOS into the system. :rock: That will cool down the SC.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back