Custom Stereo for RC....

Would it be possible to install just the sub and amp and leave my REC headunit?

I believe so you would just have to get a sub control knob. It wouldn't work for me because I did the mids/highs also:( To be honest the box,sub and amp are the most expensive pieces.

I believe so you would just have to get a sub control knob. It wouldn't work for me because I did the mids/highs also:( To be honest the box,sub and amp are the most expensive pieces.

It depends on the sub amp. If the will accept speaker wire in than you would need to tap into the stock door speakers as they are fead a bass signal. I just did an install of a 5 channel amp with all new speakers and sub while keeping my stock head unit. However since I wanted to get the best sound I could I used a JL audio cleansweep which takes out any of the factory's EQing to make the stock speakers sound good.

Anyone who wants to meet up I'll take $1,000 for everything I have:rock:

I'm leaving for St. Augustine FL on Friday sometime... I can bring all of it with me If anyone wants it along the way.

To add a sub to the factory REC radio, you just need a high/low converter. Tag the output of the sub amp (under the drivers seat in an 06).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back