Cylinder Deactivation

Greg Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but this is kinda related to my other thread. I only made a new thread because I was worried that some may not re-visit the old thread much anymore.

But someone here local told me these trucks have the clynder de-activation and maybe mine has some clinders turned off??? I told him that "DODGE" prolly has that but I doubt its on there VIPER motors. Whats the verdict?

Also on a side note he's bringing over his 08 Tundra to race to give us an idea where the Viper stands. His truck is also stock.

Greg Z said:
I'm sorry but this is kinda related to my other thread. I only made a new thread because I was worried that some may not re-visit the old thread much anymore.

But someone here local told me these trucks have the clynder de-activation and maybe mine has some clinders turned off??? I told him that "DODGE" prolly has that but I doubt its on there VIPER motors. Whats the verdict?

Also on a side note he's bringing over his 08 Tundra to race to give us an idea where the Viper stands. His truck is also stock.
Not on these trucks and the Tundra hasn't got a chance especially a stock one.:marchmellow: :marchmellow:

no no deactivation on this setup... and tundra will see taillights all day long with out even trying.. slow pos

It's an issue at the higher rpm's if you have a power adder. Something to consider when pushing the motor beyond its naturally asperated limits.

Stock Tundra PLEASE. You'll wipe the floor with him. Don't waste your gas on him.

Yup, I agree on both counts.
My friends Tundra didn't stand a chance. :D

yes you are just wasting gas on him for nothing. I would call him and tell him not to even waste his time coming over

LOL .. Its so funny these toyota guys think they have a hotrod ... way to funny... I guess the dealership tells them that they have the fastest truck ever built with the biggest breaks etc.... which they do not lol. they might have for the year they were built , but there competition was nothing... so who knows.. but they need to get a life thats for sure

The 5.7 Hemis (2006 & newer trucks) have the cylinder deactivation...the Viper engines do not........tell your friend to go find a 1972 Ford Pino to race..he will have a better chance of winning....;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back