Dam rocks!!!!!!

hcetzneb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So on my why to work today a nice truck was dumping peddles all over the road... i was avoiding him untill he cut over 3 lanes on 95 and cut me and 100 other people off to make his exit... and than he left me with a present of a chipped in my windsheild GREAT... does and one know if the dodge dealer sells their factory glass or who makes it.. the crack is right in my sight line so its gonna bother me if its fixed

I think PPG makes it but not sure

Thanks in advance

Have the chipped sealed, It will look good as new and is guaranteed not to crack! Most insurance companies will do it for free without deductible!

I have had them sealed before... when there in line of sight you can see it all the time.. Most insurance policies have 0 deductible coverage for any glass repaired or replaced.. Well in the northeast its hard to get a policy with out glass coverage on it ( sand in the winter).. Anyway im going to install it my self so ill save the labor...

I see your in rockwall now ......its a nice area i was looking there 2 years ago when i got offered a job in Dallas
good luck

Last edited:
95 is a horror show.............On the Island, it's the expressway, 495. You probably know that already. My windshield on the Crown Vic was chipped 3 times, (each time I decided to use that road). The Crown Vic, still has another chip in it, but I decided not to fix it , as it is not in my line of sight. And now, the DTS suffered the same fate twice. (same road). The police now have active check points and pull over all trucks. (saw one last Thursday on the expressway). There is almost no protection from yahoos carrying stone who slice across 3 lanes of traffic (unless a PO is nearby). I love the bumper sticker "Pray for me, I travel the L.I.E."

I know and its the first time i had the truck out in like a week.... It was sunny and there is alot less traffic on sat moring so i thought it would be a nice day to enjoy a ride to work.. I was sure wrong.

Im not sure whats worse 95, 495, or 287 ...

hcetzneb said:
So on my why to work today a nice truck was dumping peddles all over the road... i was avoiding him untill he cut over 3 lanes on 95 and cut me and 100 other people off to make his exit... and than he left me with a present of a chipped in my windsheild GREAT... does and one know if the dodge dealer sells their factory glass or who makes it.. the crack is right in my sight line so its gonna bother me if its fixed

I think PPG makes it but not sure

Thanks in advance

Well, this sounds familiar. Same thing happened to me on 95 (N VA) except I had no clue where the rock came from that took out my windshield and luckily the paint didn't suffer any damage. I had it fixed and you can see the remains of the crack -- its filled with the sealing material but it still shows clear as day. I was going to get a new windshield but figured why -- it would probably get pinged the moment I went back on the road -- lot's of road construction around here...

hcetzneb said:
I have had them sealed before... when there in line of sight you can see it all the time.. Most insurance policies have 0 deductible coverage for any glass repaired or replaced.. Well in the northeast its hard to get a policy with out glass coverage on it ( sand in the winter).. Anyway im going to install it my self so ill save the labor...

I see your in rockwall now ......its a nice area i was looking there 2 years ago when i got offered a job in Dallas
good luck

Thanks! I love the harbor area and how fast it is growing. Now if I can just find a house I like LOL.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back