Damm speeding Ticket

DOUGfir

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost home from working its 11.45 pm nobody around so just before my house I hit the gas pedal to the floor for 4 seconds in the tow mod and there he is from nowhere driving towards me Mr. Police officer.
Gets me doing 66 in a 40 , butt says he cutting me a break and writing me for doing 60 in a 40 sates he doing me a big favor.
Base fine $145.
Dam roving radar.
Sucks
So close to the house I am in my drive getting this loving gift from Sandy’s Finist:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah,thought for sure I was going to get a ticket for racing a Harley the other day !!!Stuck to my story,the cop went up and talked with the wife,came back and said drive safe and sent me on my way !! My perception is that he didn't see What he heard,and my wifes story backed up mine !!!Lucked out on that one !!! But of course,the REMINDS me she Bailed me out of ANOTHER one !!!!Damn it sucks trying to behave when you know you can play with the BIG boyz !!!:D :D

Sucks, You could have driven 5 mph below the speed limit for miles, and the minute you step on it, out pops Johnny law.

Maybe that was his way of saying "Happy Thanksgiving", of course you're the one doing all the giving.

He did do you a favor. Many states anything over 20 means automatic court and possible loss of license.

DOUGfir said:
Dam roving radar. Sucks So close to the house I am in my drive getting this loving gift from Sandy’s Finist:mad: :mad: :mad:

No radar detector?

I live by mine...but that laser stuff will still get you...

"Forewarned is forearmed..."

A little lesson...sorry I can't resist:

"Forewarned is forearmed. Knowledge of imminent danger can prepare us to overcome it. The Latin version is 'Praemonitus, praemunitus'. The proverb has been traced to 'Treatises of Fistula' (c. 1425) by J. Arderne. In 1615, it was used by Cervantes in 'Don Quixote.' First attested in the United States in 'History of New Hampshire' (1685). The proverb is found in many forms: Forewarned, forearmed; Forewarned is quite often forearmed; To be forewarned is to be forearmed, etc."

Class dismissed.

yeap live by radar detector went as far as to hard wire it to truck so it comes on and goes off with truck lol.. as far as the break yeap i agree here over 20mph over speed limit they will arrest you and have your vehicle impounded

A speed ticket really sucks!!!
It's always dangerous when we are driving and playing with the viper trucks :vroam: :hmmmm:

Prof said:
No radar detector?

I live by mine...but that laser stuff will still get you...

"Forewarned is forearmed..."

A little lesson...sorry I can't resist:

"Forewarned is forearmed. Knowledge of imminent danger can prepare us to overcome it. The Latin version is 'Praemonitus, praemunitus'. The proverb has been traced to 'Treatises of Fistula' (c. 1425) by J. Arderne. In 1615, it was used by Cervantes in 'Don Quixote.' First attested in the United States in 'History of New Hampshire' (1685). The proverb is found in many forms: Forewarned, forearmed; Forewarned is quite often forearmed; To be forewarned is to be forearmed, etc."

Class dismissed.

Laser got my wife a ticket with my V-1 on the dash!! 89 in 70!! $186. The day after I got fired!! :puke:

Tickets suck!! Sorry you got one!!

A little over a year ago I got a 'color coordinated' gift from the California Highway Patrol while driving my old yellow Rumble Bee. 91 in a 70!

I was expecting a $300+ fine. You can guess how happy I was when I found out it was only $199. I couldn't do traffic school because I have a commercial license; DRAT!

They haven't caught me in the SRT.................yet!!

Damn lazers...if you are luck you will hear them targeting another vehicle...but the beam is so narrow the chances are poor.

In our trucks...with that huge front profile the officer sees up coming and naturally targets us...and if you are red...even more so I think...

Going to rethink the laser transmitter...may be the thing to do since many of the local constabularies are moving to the laser guns.

94rt10ohio said:
He did do you a favor. Many states anything over 20 means automatic court and possible loss of license.

Over 20 is felony speeding in Arizona -- you can be arrested, taken to jail, truck towed by bubba! - Also, attention Calif peeps -- Medical Marijuana MEANS NOTHING in Arizona don't even try that one.

have a nice day :)

ntw0rk said:
Laser got my wife a ticket with my V-1 on the dash!! 89 in 70!! $186. The day after I got fired!! :puke:

Tickets suck!! Sorry you got one!!

you getting fired was related to the ticket?

GriMacE 06QuadSRT10 said:
Over 20 is felony speeding in Arizona -- you can be arrested, taken to jail, truck towed by bubba! - Also, attention Calif peeps -- Medical Marijuana MEANS NOTHING in Arizona don't even try that one.

have a nice day :)

Most coppers dont enforce that 20 over.
I got got caught going plenty over 20mph many times. Cops just write the ticky for 20.

man that sucks but what can you do? the temptation to speed is always on but johnny law is watching. i just heard in some states they may be starting something new with speeding and dash camaras. if you are cought speeding on the camara then the officer does not even pull you over, you just get a ticket in the mail.

: I was past the posted 40 mph sign and about 1/8 of a mile or less from the 55mph sign. Frustrating part I was only doing 60 plus for less than 2 seconds, peck speed caught on the roving radar, butt like others have stated ,how many times are we not caught when exceeding the posted limts.Its the risk you take any time your on the gas over the posted limits.:burnout

Would you be able to take defensive driving online? Do they permit deferred adjudication?

Oregon just collects money

There are no options to take classes for offenses in Oregon, just pay the ticket and go on your why.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back