Damn Tranny! rrr!

De-HemiFyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...so i was runnin about 80mph..i look in my rearview and here comes this new Ferrari comin' on REAL FAST! I shifted into 3rd and hammered it! by the time he passed me i was up to 125mph and climbing....(made me look like i was standing still,by the way!)after about 10 car lengths,he slowed down to wait on me....By the time i caught him it was time to grab 6th...BUT THE DAMN SHIFTER WAS STUCK! WOULD NOT GO INTO ANY GEAR! I GOT STUCK IN NEUTRAL!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: FINNALLY IT WENT IN..BACK INTO 5TH....THEN GAVE ME 6TH! I WAS PISSED! NEVER PASSED THE FERRARI BUT AFTER I GOT INTO 6TH...WE CLIMBED UP TO 160....BEFORE WE HAD TO SHUT IT DOWN FOR TRAFFIC....MAN WHEN HE PASSED ME THAT FIRST TIME...I BET HE WAS DOIN' 180-190?!!MAED MY 125 LOOK SLOW!
ANYONE EVER HAVE THIS TRANNY ISSUE,WHERE IT FREEZES UP? I MEAN IT EVEN FELT HARD TO MOVE IN NEUTRAL!:confused: :mad: :mad:

Brother I hate to be a one note Johnny here.

But all my "stuck in 2nd, stuck here, won't shift" etc issues were solved when I re-routed my clutchlines away from the heat source and also did the clutch hydraulics upgrade....

I believe firmly that the majority of our shifting issues are attributable to this one source.... Clutch hydraulic pressure. Whether it's overall line pressure or exacerbated by heat, it still comes down to doing the complete clutch hydraulics mod....

Boomer or Dan Cragin can help with these needs.

My .02

God bless,

SD

Not to burst your bubble, but you will actually go faster in 5th than 6th. Sixth gear drops you so far down the RPM range it does not have the power to accelerate.

Not to burst your bubble, but you will actually go faster in 5th than 6th. Sixth gear drops you so far down the RPM range it does not have the power to accelerate.

so...where are you supposed to go when 5th tops out? huh? back to 4th? lol

anyway do yall think this is a warranty issue? and ever since...my reverse gear will not grab without grinding!:mad:

De-HemiFyd said:

so...where are you supposed to go when 5th tops out? huh? back to 4th? lol

anyway do yall think this is a warranty issue? and ever since...my reverse gear will not grab without grinding!:mad:

Go ahead and be pissed. It's the F'ing truth.:dontknow:

Well I had a buddy ride with me and I got it now up to 158 mph with a GPS speedo... So 06's and black trucks are the fastest!!!

umm you guys are nutz, 160 in a 6000 pound truck. You guys do realize NASCAR only runs at 180 lol

Hope you guys have good life insurance, someone is gonna get paid in the escalade when you crash and burn.:mad:

Ebenz and my issue appears to be the master cylinder

Will let you know when it gets replaced

Thanks

Patrick

HEY SILVERBACK...GET PISSED? I'M NOT PISSED! AND IT'S THE TRUTH? ALL I MEANT WAS I WAS CHASING THAT FERRARI AND WHEN 5TH TOPPED OUT I TRIED TO GRAB 6TH AND THE DAMN TRANNY FROZE UP! AND YES...I HAD 5TH TOPPED OUT IN THE 150'S....SO I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO GO TO 6TH. I DONT UNDERSTAND YOUR STATEMENT THOUGH....HOW CAN YOU GO FASTER IN 5TH THAN 6TH? THATS CRAZY! AFTER 5TH HITS THE LIMITER,YOU'RE DONE,UNLESS YOU SWITCH TO 6TH AND CONTINUE ON! I DONT SEE THE PROBLEM HERE! I'VE BEEN IN 6TH BEFORE,AFTER 5TH TOPPED OUT,AND SHE WAS STILL CLIMBING! WENT PAST THE 160 MARK...ABOUT 165-170ish...
NOW I KNOW IF MY "STOCK" SRT10 WILL DO THIS,ALL OF YALL MODDED SRT'S WILL TOO! SO DONT EVEN ACT LIKE THROWING THE B.S. FLAG ON ME!
IF YOU HAVENT BEEN THAT FAST IN YOURS(SCARED?),THEN COME HOP IN MINE,AND I'LL PROVE IT! LOL!

AND I'M SAYING.....ish.....CAUSE I DONT KNOW FOR SURE HOW FAST I WAS GOING AFTER IT PASSED THE 160 MARK. AND I WAS MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE ROAD IN FRONT OF ME,THAN THE SPEED-O! AND BY THE WAY....THAT FERRARI WAS F'IN FAST! I THINK HE WAS DOIN LIKE 200 WHEN HE PASSED ME DOIN 125! MADE ME LOOK LIKE I WAS SITTIN STILL! HE WAS JUST TOYING WITH ME...WHAT I WOULDNT HAVE DONE TO HAVE HAD THE TWINS RIGHT THEN!!! LOL

5th gear at 6000 RPM is 166 MPH.

How long did you spray?

What track were you on to run these kinds of speeds?

De-HemiFyd said:
HEY SILVERBACK...GET PISSED? I'M NOT PISSED! AND IT'S THE TRUTH? ALL I MEANT WAS I WAS CHASING THAT FERRARI AND WHEN 5TH TOPPED OUT I TRIED TO GRAB 6TH AND THE DAMN TRANNY FROZE UP! AND YES...I HAD 5TH TOPPED OUT IN THE 150'S....SO I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO GO TO 6TH. I DONT UNDERSTAND YOUR STATEMENT THOUGH....HOW CAN YOU GO FASTER IN 5TH THAN 6TH? THATS CRAZY! AFTER 5TH HITS THE LIMITER,YOU'RE DONE,UNLESS YOU SWITCH TO 6TH AND CONTINUE ON! I DONT SEE THE PROBLEM HERE! I'VE BEEN IN 6TH BEFORE,AFTER 5TH TOPPED OUT,AND SHE WAS STILL CLIMBING! WENT PAST THE 160 MARK...ABOUT 165-170ish...
NOW I KNOW IF MY "STOCK" SRT10 WILL DO THIS,ALL OF YALL MODDED SRT'S WILL TOO! SO DONT EVEN ACT LIKE THROWING THE B.S. FLAG ON ME!
IF YOU HAVENT BEEN THAT FAST IN YOURS(SCARED?),THEN COME HOP IN MINE,AND I'LL PROVE IT! LOL!

When Dodge set the record the temps were in the low 30's if I remember right, so the air was nice and dense, lots of oxygen. The record was 154 and change. If you expect some of us that know better to believe you have a stock truck with a 125 shot, and are running in the 165 to 170 range you are crazy. So yes, I will toss out the Bullshit Flag on this one.

Now for the next thing. A number of members have mentioned it to you before and you keep choosing to ignore them. Typing in all CAPS on the internet is the same as yelling at people. I for one am getting tired of the yelling. Save the CAPS for when it's needed.

Last edited:
De-HemiFyd said:

SIMMA DAN NA Sparky, simmer down...:) :stupid:

Attachments

• cheri_oteri.jpg
    cheri_oteri.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 30
De-HemiFyd said:

F That! I'd never sit in one of these trucks going over 140! I had my experience once and that was enough to convince me not to do it again....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back