Dealership Ripoff Advice

kickinassrt-10 said:
I had a similar problem with a repeated egr problem in my diesel and I call Ford direct and explained my situation after they made me pay a deductible for the same exact problem that should of been fixed the first time....a few days later the dealer mailed me a $106 check and offered a free oil change on a diesel.. be a pain in the ass...it works!

Ahh the old Ford EGR problem, I don't miss that crap at all. Damn Slvr wish you could deal the Mazda 3 dealership here, they do anything for my wife's Mazda. Probably just a bunch of c#*^s running that place.

I agree with the earlier post. Let those bone heads change the oil next time, and when it is wet again in a few miles, go back to them and tell them they must have done it this time!!!! See their reaction then? Would be REALLY hard to back peddle out of that one!

I used to write service for a Honda dealer. There is no way in hell we would charge someone to look at their car if it was still within the warranty period. The only way they would be charged is if the problem was from a accident, aftermarket modifications that were a direct cause of problem.

And on that note. I have seen a couple of civics with blown motors that were covered under warranty and the NOS lines were still attached to the underside of the car.

SlvrSnake said:
I want my money back and the rep wants me to take it back to the same dealer, even though he/she will not call me directly. Why? No idea. There is no work to correct since they did not do any. Simply want them to confirm there is a leak and I will take it elsewhere. Any dealer people out there with some advice????

stop going to dealers.
go to a small shop and get it diagnosed, they will charge 60-80 and if they cant figure it out tell them in advance that you dont want to pay for no answer.

take it to sears? thats where i took the srt10 before i bought it, they had no charge to spend an hour going over it. dont imagine they will charge you.

scoobert said:
stop going to dealers.
go to a small shop and get it diagnosed, they will charge 60-80 and if they cant figure it out tell them in advance that you dont want to pay for no answer.

take it to sears? thats where i took the srt10 before i bought it, they had no charge to spend an hour going over it. dont imagine they will charge you.
How many 10's do you think sears see's :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

but good advise on the mazda

Bro, they are giving you the shaft!:mad: I can assure you, first off, if you bring me a vehicle that only has 15k on it and still under warranty I would not make you sign the checkout charge. Then even if you did and I nor my techs could find anything wrong I definately would not charge you for not finding a problem. I would probably advise you that we would need to put and oil dye in the engine and let you drive for a week or so, then have you bring it back and let us use our blacklight and goggles to determine if there is a leak and exactly where it's coming from.

I do believe that you should recieve your money back, esp. b/c they didn't find anything wrong or do anything besides clean off your oil pan!

trubuilt said:
How many 10's do you think sears see's :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

but good advise on the mazda

any tech can work on our trucks...just a dodge pickup with a manual tranny and a OHV V-10.

the mazda is probably more complicated:D GL with your situation

Thanks guys. So it seems that you agree with me. The guy is a FNing lying douche bag. I saw it coming but did not think it would be a problem under warranty. Oh, how wrong I was.

I also take it from the pics I posted, even after the assholes wiped it down. You can see the bead of oil on the seal where the pan meets the block. And finally, it is FKING impossible for oil to go from the front of the engine, under the oil pan, back up the oil pan, and be on the bolt heads, and leave not one drop of oil under the filter housing (since that is the alleged source). Just making sure I am not out my F'N mind here.

That is why I posted this up. For others to look at it objectively and tell me what you thought. So it seems we are in agreement, this service manager is a jackass.

This site rocks. :D :D

jbilledeaux said:
Bro, they are giving you the shaft!:mad: I can assure you, first off, if you bring me a vehicle that only has 15k on it and still under warranty I would not make you sign the checkout charge. Then even if you did and I nor my techs could find anything wrong I definately would not charge you for not finding a problem. I would probably advise you that we would need to put and oil dye in the engine and let you drive for a week or so, then have you bring it back and let us use our blacklight and goggles to determine if there is a leak and exactly where it's coming from.

I do believe that you should recieve your money back, esp. b/c they didn't find anything wrong or do anything besides clean off your oil pan!

Got any contact numbers? The district rep won't even give me the common courtesy of a phone call. Have called Mazda three days in a row asking for phone call. Would call today but it's a holiday. Won't call me back, won't give me a time to meet him at the dealer, asked service representative for e-mail address. Was going to send her the pictures so she could give them to the rep. Never got an e-mail. What the hell kind of company is this? I actually want to get rid of this car over this. To have a car under warranty and have to go through this BS. F Mazda!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back