Dialing in the drag radials Q/C with Paxton

34bud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never used these before and not liking how they bite. Getting ready to run next week so I bolted them on and did about 8 burn in's Heated them as M&H instructed me to 18 lb presure and burned them through 1st and a small amount in 2nd this was dark uniform rubber. I know im getting better bite than I can with the street tires but still diapointed. Hopefully the track has a better bite than my country road. Thinking about getting VHT:(

34bud said:
I have never used these before and not liking how they bite. Getting ready to run next week so I bolted them on and did about 8 burn in's Heated them as M&H instructed me to 18 lb presure and burned them through 1st and a small amount in 2nd this was dark uniform rubber. I know im getting better bite than I can with the street tires but still diapointed. Hopefully the track has a better bite than my country road. Thinking about getting VHT:(
They'll hook fine at the track. Go through the water, get them spinning until you see good smoke from both tires, stage, just lay you're foot on the gas pedal, mash the gas on the last yellow. They'll hook. If not you're doing something wrong. I hook just fine at our local make-shift track, with no track prep at all. The key is heating them up just a lttle.

Mine hook ok, but I did expect a little better. I like them though and like Santeen said get them smoking a little but not too much. After this burnout I recorded my worst time :(

IMG_2137.jpg

But it sure was fun! :D

I am happy with mine....I wouldnt even bother going to the track w/o them.....if you dont get a 1.8 or better 60' something is wrong..

I got 1.8 60' with the stock tires. I hope you can do better than that!

make sure not to get your front tires in the water. they will leave trails that your back tires will hit and start slipping.

also, some types of drag radials won't work on the street. they only grip on a prepped track.

~mike~

Drive around the water box then back into it spin the tires enough to clean them pull out of water box do your burn out to heat tires you'll be good to go

amtrucker22 said:
Mine hook ok, but I did expect a little better. I like them though and like Santeen said get them smoking a little but not too much. After this burnout I recorded my worst time :(

IMG_2137.jpg

But it sure was fun! :D
:D :D :D :D :D don garlits junior:burnout: :burnout:

I always check my pressure right after a run to see how much the heat inflated them. They can go up from 2-6 lbs of air as I have seen. I had M&H Racemasters on my ole TA and they like about 12-14 lbs and about 6 second heating! After you heat you tires ( outta the water box!!) roll forward a couple feet and let her rip a couple feet to get some of the oily rubber and loose rubber off the tire. Usually a couple quick romps will do it. Then proceed to the line. Tire pressure is most significant on a sticky tire as to let the carcass take alot of the shock and in turn bite.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back