died and no start

silverqc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got up started the truck to warm ran for 10 mins or so get in to leave and truck dies no start its dead like no gas . any body ever had this problem gauges on dash seem to be acting funny like no gas red light stays on ,check eng light stays on ,crazy dinging:dontknow:

Try getting a code from it - turn off-on ignition three times and see code in digital odometer area.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the PCM by disconnecting the battery for 15min.

did the batt all kinds of crazy dinging no codes with the on off 3 times no clue they sent a roll off truck would not load cause its to low cable air dam this sucks

all good in fuse box happy i made it to work with no problems (ran great) leave for lunch not today would hate to be sitten on the side of the road waiten on a tow

What mods do you have? Will it try to start? Are you sure it is not out of gas and maybe your fuel guage is bad?

Let us know what the Steelership has to say. I'm sure we would all appreciate the headsup in case that happens to one of us!!:D

jh tb ,k@n cai,headders, no cats, magnaflow, 33ooo miles , sat for a week started was doing a surg at idle last week drove it and went away .ran great this morning to work sat till lunch fired up ran fine and shut off gauges look funny like they r not reading no temp after running gas sits on peg E nothing seems to move lots if dinging going on too, more than normal it seems ,all the lights r on in the dash ,turns over no start.

Could be the Fuel Pump Relay Switch I had one go bad on my truck when I had it for a couple of weeks it only had about 500 miles on it.

My truck just cranked but would not fire up. Dealer tech said the relay was found to have an open circuit.

I had my truck towed to the dealer and they installed the new part by the end of the day.

From what I can remember it's located in the engine bay.

Last edited:
ground strap loose on the frount fender (gounds the computer) had the windshield replaced the day before, my guess is the windshield guy hit it or something 299.oo to fix (two turns of the bolt).

silverqc said:
ground strap loose on the frount fender (gounds the computer) had the windshield replaced the day before, my guess is the windshield guy hit it or something 299.oo to fix (two turns of the bolt).
did the windshield guy even have the hood open?

yes he pulled the black plastic part off that covers the windshield wiper motor pulled it back thru under the hood to the engine bay to pull glass. had to move the wires on the left to do so

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back