diesel power

04RAMSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I was at the Best Buy today and with my truck sitting in the parking lot and this guy in a Dodge 2500 diesel pulls up next to me. This guy is just staring like crazy. After about 5 mins, he says " what kind of motor is in that thing". So I tell him, and he said he never knew dodge put a viper motor in a truck. Anyway, he starts telling me about his truck, dynos at 800 hp and over 1000tq. he says check out Fleece Performance on youtube, his truck is on there. So after looking at his motor, and a giant a&& turbo, I believed him. So when I got home I looked up Fleece Performance, and sure enough there was his truck along with many others with most topping out over 1000hp, and close to 1800tq.

So I wondered, have any of you gone up against any of these diesel monsters on the street or strip, and how did your fare?

Here ya go a Duramax with tuning, bigger turbo, 3/4 ton.

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rEfWvVbOQig&feature=plcp]800ftlb RWTQ Duramax vs Venomous SRT10 Quad Cab - YouTube[/ame]

Never underestimate diesel power. There are some asphalt shredding monsters out there.

I wish i could get 150 horse on a tune :(. Its time to put the fat girl on the bottle.

I've seen some fast ones out there. Problem with a lot of them is they put all the money to make it fast then put these huge 37 inch tires on them and huge lift. They would be so much faster if they didn't have to pull those massive tires around

I've seen some fast ones out there. Problem with a lot of them is they put all the money to make it fast then put these huge 37 inch tires on them and huge lift. They would be so much faster if they didn't have to pull those massive tires around

People say the exact same kinds of things about us ("why would anyone want a fast pickup, if you want something fast, get a car"); or the L guys saying, "the SRT10's would be soooo much quicker if they ditched those heavy 22's and went with a lighter wheel". So why do we drive viper powered trucks? Because they are awesome. Why do we run the stock heavy wheels? Because they look sweet. If I had a diesel, would it have 40's on it? You betcha it would, and it would be that much cooler for it.

I almost went with a turbo diesel. Tuning it to get an extra 100+ tq was so tempting.

People say the exact same kinds of things about us ("why would anyone want a fast pickup, if you want something fast, get a car"); or the L guys saying, "the SRT10's would be soooo much quicker if they ditched those heavy 22's and went with a lighter wheel". So why do we drive viper powered trucks? Because they are awesome. Why do we run the stock heavy wheels? Because they look sweet. If I had a diesel, would it have 40's on it? You betcha it would, and it would be that much cooler for it.

I'm not saying lifted trucks nice, I've had a few of them. What I'm trying to say is that it's counter proactive to drop all this money to make it fast if you them turn around and huge tires on it. I got a few buddies who have diesel trucks and they always want to race me. Yes they are quick but don't stand a chance to my truck. Now if they got rid of the huge lift and tires I bet it would be a lot closer. That's all I'm saying. Still very nice trucks, I'm sure I'll be going diesel on my next truck with a lift and 37 inch tires. I wouldn't drop a lot to make it go fast but except maybe a tune

At first when I opted for a truck the Duramax was what I was looking at for the same reasons above. The HP and torque are phenomenal. The engines in the diesels also weight a bit more than our aluminum V10's. I was extactic about the idea of a new turbo and a tune, and then having 200+ more to the rear end. However, for what it is, I'd still rather have an SRT10. It's got some style, and is purpose built for speed.

I've been toying with the idea of selling the 10 and building a diesel that's as quick as the 10 but can still pull my camper....

I've been toying with the idea of selling the 10 and building a diesel that's as quick as the 10 but can still pull my camper....

I'm convinced that you spend a lot of time thinking about selling the '10 and __________. Face it Justin, that '10 is yours until the day you die. So get that rear end out back together, crack open the valve on the funny gas, and go run a 10 second pass!

I'm convinced that you spend a lot of time thinking about selling the '10 and __________. Face it Justin, that '10 is yours until the day you die. So get that rear end out back together, crack open the valve on the funny gas, and go run a 10 second pass!

Rear end has been done awhile....10 sec pass will have to wait until after drag week though.

I find nothing more gay than watching some tool burn two gallons of diesel flooring his truck at the stop light.

The huge cloud of black soot, the jacked-up ride, and the "I'll race anything japanese with a fin" attitude, all scream millimeter peter.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back