DIY Stereo Install suggestions

VIPER D.N.A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Ive decided I want to do a nice box (05 RC) with an amp rack and probably two twelves. I intend to wrap in matching black leather and possibly some fiberglass and paint work. Now, I've never done this before and I don't know all that much when it comes to stereos, electronics, etc. But, I've got a nice woodshop as well as a paintbooth and I've played with fiberglass a little. What I'm thinking about doing is buying some pre made sub enclosures for the sound quality and then building a larger box around them to incorporate an amp rack and give it the look of being "molded to the interior. I've got a nice clarion flip out monitor for the head unit (impulse buy) and the rest is stock. Probably plan on leaving the door and dash stock for now and focus on the enclosure.
Does anybody have suggestions on pre made enclosures? Is this the right route to go? Also what enclosure, subs, amps, etc.? I havent followed up on the newer equipment lately.
My concerns: 1. I hate rattles! If I go the route of pre made enclosures and build around them am I inviting problems when the bass hits?
2. I don't want to give up any comfort or manuverability of the seats.
I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to installs so ANY help would be much appreciated. Am I starting off in the right direction?

use 2nd skin,(priced right and gives you more for money)
or an other sound proofing materal,dont cover the cab vents (on rear of cab)with it other wise your ears will pop
im in the process of doin my friend chris srt-10 ill post up pics when done

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back