Dodge Copy Venom hood for Ram 5500s?

VENOMOUS1 RACING

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
Just got this in today! 2011 Dodge Ram 5500 with what looks like a Venom hood idea stolen from Stinka?:dontknow:

newdodge.jpg

I saw a few on the local Dodge lot last week and thought the same thing!:dontknow:

10banger said:
Dang I wish they would have made a 10 in that model.

i doubt they will i heard rumors about a srt8 truck but that would just b a joke if they did.... 425 hp ....:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:

viperpwred said:
i doubt they will i heard rumors about a srt8 truck but that would just b a joke if they did.... 425 hp ....:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:

the next srt motor is suppose to be 6.4 with 500 plus hp

chrisguidry04 said:
i dont know...id consider something similar to a r/t if it had a 6.1 :)

screw the R/T, keep your 10 and get an srt8 jeep as a DD. That would be a badass garage, maybe get a skittle on the cheap too and chuck that in the pen; would be cool to have 3 different kinds of srt's... all that haul assssssss

VENOMOUS1 said:
Venom hood idea stolen from Stinka?[/IMG]

...but I thought he stole the idea from the Viper? So using the transitive property, isn't Dodge just stealing from itself?

What motor do they have in the 5500? Is that a new model this yr? Quit following the new trucks after the 10:p

I don't see a scoop(maybe just the pic?) or a foe cowl induction raised area or raised center section ,plus I would think that louvers/vents functional or not would have become a public domain thing as they have been around like forever.:confused: have to go with Vman on this one.

So I take it the worked all the bugs out of the electronics on it. Other then that That is supposed to be the shit for new diesels.

yeah all the probs with the emissions have been worked out for over a year now. great trucks and great engines... i've only have had them towed in due to bad fuel. not a one has been because of a mechanical failure

There are a couple guys here in WA that have taken RC deisels and chopped the frames for a short bed. They are drag race trucks and one is one of the fastest in the USA. If SRT came out with a cummins RC short bed 2wd truck... I would be a buyer. You could build a 500 hp 1000 ft#trq pretty easy that would make for a fun truck. They might only sell 20 of them but I would be on the list.

Wifey said:
I don't see a scoop(maybe just the pic?) or a foe cowl induction raised area or raised center section ,plus I would think that louvers/vents functional or not would have become a public domain thing as they have been around like forever.:confused: have to go with Vman on this one.
Sooooooooo, it's coincidence that it's on a Dodge truck that, as far as I can remember, has never had louvered vents on a hood. Much less, louvered vents, exactly like a Venom hood. Come to think of it, I really cant think of many vehicles that came factory with louvered vents configured almost exactly like a Venom hood. A hood scoop is one thing. But louvered vents configured like that? :dontknow:

scoobert said:
i am not that old, but the car i wanted when i was a kid had them....
not a new idea.....
irocz-camaro1.jpg
Does that look like the louvered vents on the Venom Hood? :dontknow:

SANTEEN said:
Does that look like the louvered vents on the Venom Hood? :dontknow:
If you look at the sun, then close one eye, and squint with the other one....... maybe :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back