Drive shaft loop

ViperTruck2933

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my drive shaft loop from Moes MetalWorks today. Looks killer. Moe (Bob) gets them powdercoated by JMB Performance (Justin's Dad Marty). We all know how great their quality is. My 8 y/o and I installed it in about 20 minutes. :)

Nice to have that security under there. :rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Got my drive shaft loop from Moes MetalWorks today. Looks killer. Moe (Bob) gets them powdercoated by JMB Performance (Justin's Dad Marty). We all know how great their quality is. My 8 y/o and I installed it in about 20 minutes. :)

Nice to have that security under there. :rock:
What color did you go with? Just curious.

J.R.

ViperTruck2933 said:
My 8 y/o and I installed it in about 20 minutes.
good thing your kid helped ya or it would have taken 2 hours :p :p :p

Ya, you gonna post pics or what :) Also, what kind of cost are we talking?

Is the drive shaft loop required now that you are running drag radials or running faster/approaching 11.5 seconds?

I started to think about whether I was required to run one but since I'm at Bandimere its unlikely I'll crack in the 11s.

I know one of you guys knows the NHRA rules so I'll await your answer.

I'll post some pics of mine later today...seems like the cost was about $150, and not to get too high on my soap box, but it is not about requirements...it's about doing something that is rational and important...kinda like a seat belt, safe tires, helmets, and prophylactics.

Prof said:
I'll post some pics of mine later today...seems like the cost was about $150, and not to get too high on my soap box, but it is not about requirements...it's about doing something that is rational and important...kinda like a seat belt, safe tires, helmets, and prophylactics.
Exactly. They are $149. I wanted to get one on there just because I have increased the power level above stock and I am running the truck hard, ie...at the track.

http://moesperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=105_112&products_id=183

ViperTruck2933 said:
Exactly. They are $149. I wanted to get one on there just because I have increased the power level above stock and I am running the truck hard, ie...at the track.

I've thought about getting one from time to time, just never knew a source to get it. I agree, its added safety for you and others you may be around you when you race. I'll have to check it out should I keep the truck.

Prof said:
but it is not about requirements...it's about doing something that is rational and important...kinda like a seat belt, safe tires, helmets, and prophylactics.

LMAO!!! That's funny right there!!! True, but funny...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pics...you will note that he had mine powercoated bright silver...please excuse the mud splatter, coming out of the car show yesterday was an unavoidable puddle...aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggh:

The four bolts that attach the mount to the frame:

IMG_0003-3.jpg

The loop that will catch the drive shaft if it busts loose:

IMG_0001-4.jpg

You will note that I had a little space issue with my mid pipe banging against the loop, so I just used two bolts (with locking nuts and loctite) to avoid rattles. Most will be able to attach all four bolts to secure the loop.

IMG_0005-4.jpg

It is really hard to get under my truck with it being as low as it is...have to get that lift soon...

NO IT IS NOT MY AGE...I just need a lift!

Never been under a QC...but someone said that the drive shaft is above a frame member...so it is safe without one???

Prof said:
Never been under a QC...but someone said that the drive shaft is above a frame member...so it is safe without one???

Dunno, I've never paid that much attention, I'll have to look next time I can get my fat ass under there...LOL!!!

Prof said:
The loop that will catch the drive shaft if it busts loose:

IMG_0001-4.jpg

You will note that I had a little space issue with my mid pipe banging against the loop, so I just used two bolts (with locking nuts and loctite) to avoid rattles. Most will be able to attach all four bolts to secure the loop.
Yeah I put all 4 bolts on mine. That bottom part is all one peice now too. I see yours in welded together.
I have Belanger mids with high flows and the loop doesn't come anywhere near my mids.

Bob has probably made some adjustments to the kit.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back