Driveshaft front yolk needed

58lymouth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive shaft yolk needed

I'm puting a 2004 v10 with auto trans into a 61 Chrysler. All looks good to go but I'll b short the driveshaft front yolk to make my driveshaft. Can someone steer me in the right direction? Or maybe someone has a salvage unit or may know where there is one. Thank u in advance for any help and for this site. It's a great one!!!

I'm puting a 2004 v10 with auto trans into a 61 Chrysler. All looks good to go but I'll b short the driveshaft front yolk to make my driveshaft. Can someone steer me in the right direction? Or maybe someone has a salvage unit or may know where there is one. Thank u in advance for any help and for this site. It's a great one!!!

I'd be happy to help ya out bud. Shoot me an email at
[email protected] :driver:

Ive got my slip-yoke from my 48re. I'll give you it free of charge. Just pay shipping. Let me know if you want it.

Does anyone know where u can find the front driveshaft yolk for a 04 srt10 with auto trans? Even a part no. would help.

Thanks in advance

Mel

Does anyone know where u can find the front driveshaft yolk for a 04 srt10 with auto trans? Even a part no. would help.

Thanks in advance

Mel

There was no 04 Auto ;)
I can check Monday but don't have a part # handy. I thought a member offered you his?

Need a driveshaft yolk

Anyone have a used front driveshaft yolk for 04 auto srt10?

Yolk needed

There was no 04 Auto ;)
I can check Monday but don't have a part # handy. I thought a member offered you his?

Where I bought it he said 04. Maybe it's 05. What numbers and where does it designate the year on the block?
No one has told me they have a front yolk that I know of. Part number would help tho.
Thanks to u in advance

Where I bought it he said 04. Maybe it's 05. What numbers and where does it designate the year on the block?
No one has told me they have a front yolk that I know of. Part number would help tho.
Thanks to u in advance

You'll either have crank sensor on pass side of block about midway or you'll have one on rear reading off flywheel. That'll tell you if its an 03-04 or 05-06.
If it was an auto block it has to be 05/06. Not sure on part numbers but usually there's a year stamp on there somewhere in casting.

Stick yolk and auto yolk

Anyone know on a 05 if a stick driveshaft yolk is same on autos?

Answer in another thread.
I'll let you figure out which one of the many yolk threads :D

Anyone know on a 05 if a stick driveshaft yolk is same on autos?

Unfortunately, the auto yolk of old is no longer available. Guys are now having to buy custom yolks or have manual yolks modified. The last one that someone had modified ended up costing more than a new transmission. Anyway, good luck, Stewart.

They are different. Different length at least. I had to buy a T56 yolk when I did my swap. Still have my auto one though.

Yes the two are totally different. Input size and spline count of the 48RE vs T56 as well as above mentioned U joints

Answer in another thread.
I'll let you figure out which one of the many yolk threads :D
Come on man. Just tell him it's different. no need to beat around the bush.

If it's longer, can you just machine it shorter or it's not just longer in the splined area? Manual ones are only about $100. That would be an easy solution.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back