Drivetrain Movement

Leveil22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does everyone normally feel drivetrain movements seems like the shafts or the different shifting under a load.Esspecially at low speeds.

Are you referring to a bounce/shake kind of feeling out of shifts? If so it's from high line pressure in the auto's or maybe just from all the TQ from the engine.

Last edited:
The QC's shift a little rough as it is thanks to our awesome diesel tranny. My dad had an 05 3500 Cummins dodge, which uses the same 48RE tranny that our trucks use, and his truck at normal driving shifted and felt much the same as my QC 10.

So what's that slam as soon as you touch the gas from a stop never notice how much it did it til I was in traffic

That I'm not sure. I don't think mine slams when I come from a dead stop. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think 1st gear in the QC's is pretty short, meaning it shifts from 1st to 2nd very quickly, so maybe that's what it is? Others will chime in eventually later this evening when everyone gets off work and such. I've always noticed the board is pretty dead during the day and you'll get more responses in the evening.

A slam from dead stop never happens...on a slow roll in traffic I get that once in a while. If you are getting excessive bounce or slamming you may have too much play where the driveshaft meets the differential, I think the acceptable ammount is around a half inch or an inch of play, if I recall.
What I was told on my first trans rebuild was that these things make huge line pressure in order to shift and once it shifts pressure drops then rebuilds to shift the next gear.

Maybe someone can explain that a little more scientific but that's the basics.

Not too sure what you are describing. From a dead stop I would get it checked out. Sounds like your trans/driveshaft needs to be looked at

Get up under your truck and check the bearing that supports your driveshaft in the middle. Grab the drive shaft and try to shake it. If there is a lot of play then it's bad. Yo can also look at the rubber bushing and see if it's worn down.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back