Dropping the rear end of a QC

guinnessboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive seen many discussions on this, but i was wondering what options i had to drop the rear end of my qc............im trying to avoid dropping the front because of clearance issues...........let me know what i can do, and the disadvantages of doing it versus a suspension drop

thanks

ryan

New shackles for the back would be the ticket. I think one of the vendors can get you a set.....

I've been thinking about this too. I just want to get the ass-end outta the air (not really lower it). :dontknow:

guinnessboy said:
Ive seen many discussions on this, but i was wondering what options i had to drop the rear end of my qc............im trying to avoid dropping the front because of clearance issues...........let me know what i can do, and the disadvantages of doing it versus a suspension drop

thanks

ryan

PUT SHACKLES ON MINE MAD A GREAT IMPROVEMENT,SUGGEST A SWAY BAR THAT HELPED A LOT TOO.:burnout:

Got my shackle kit from summit.Dropped it about an 1 1/2".levels it out
nice.Cheap, I think I paid around 50 bucks.easy to put on.

Any idea what the part number was on that? Did you have to buy new shocks, etc? I believe JMB has some rear sway bar end links that will help level out the sway bar.

wont grow old said:
Got my shackle kit from summit.Dropped it about an 1 1/2".levels it out
nice.Cheap, I think I paid around 50 bucks.easy to put on.
These the ones you got? I am definitely interested in this but just want to make sure they are the right ones.

LINK

I've got a set I'll sell for $50 if anyone's interested.

I think mine were belltech.Looks the same.2 1/2"might be a stretch for what it drops.

amtrucker22 said:
Will they work with QC's? Is that $50 shipped? :D
What I have is the SH1092. I tried them on my RC (2 miles) before I found out they wouldn't work. They installed without any problem but the spring made contact with the frame. Took them right back off and went a different route. If this is what others have used on their QC's then these are the same. I'll ship them for $55. I'm guessing shipping will be about $10 so I'll split it with ya. Let me know if you still want them.

SilvrSRT10 said:
What I have is the SH1092. I tried them on my RC (2 miles) before I found out they wouldn't work. They installed without any problem but the spring made contact with the frame. Took them right back off and went a different route. If this is what others have used on their QC's then these are the same. I'll ship them for $55. I'm guessing shipping will be about $10 so I'll split it with ya. Let me know if you still want them.
Consider them sold then. PM me your paypal and I will send the $$ over!:rock:

I hope it levels the truck out and does not give it a saggy ass look to it. I am hoping it is only temporary until I can afford an x-metal drop.

amtrucker22 said:
Consider them sold then. PM me your paypal and I will send the $$ over!:rock:

I hope it levels the truck out and does not give it a saggy ass look to it. I am hoping it is only temporary until I can afford an x-metal drop.
PM sent.

Yes, curious minds want to know. I want to do the same thing but can't afford to lose front end height. So are the shackles from Summitt the way to go? Thanks!

ghosritr said:
Yes, curious minds want to know. I want to do the same thing but can't afford to lose front end height. So are the shackles from Summitt the way to go? Thanks!

I have not personally done it but am 80% sure they will work. No-one else who has done it has chimed in yet. Amtrucker22 will post pics and ley us know how the install goes. But with Monday being a holiday, I can't ship them till Tuesday.:mad:

ghosritr said:

Yes,I have had mine on over a year.Levels it out nice.Still a little rake to it,but no more stink bug look!!

1 7/8'S OF A INCH IS AND EXACT LEVEL FOR THE QC. THERE IS A GUY ON EBAY THAT SELLS THEM.

THE 2" GO A LITTLE NEGATIVE IN THE REAR BUT IT'S HARDLY NOTICEABLE.

you can get them a sumit djm bell tech i pady $50.00 for mine take about 15min for each side to in stall it will only work on the qc not thr rc

chad

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back