Electric Cut-outs

MoparMan84 said:
Any vendors here sell electric cut-outs for our trucks? Has anyone put a set on?

I got mine from tony, there DMH, but he doesn't sell them anymore. I was the last one:D But they sound great. I have them mounted behind the first 2 cats and in front of the other 2 and the 2 mufflers.

I just put some Quik Time cutouts on my SRT, Not near as loud as you would think. The Viper sounds competely different than any other engine. I like the way it sounds running down the highway with them opened, though. Next week I'm going to put a set on my 95 Lightning, its cammed and modded pretty heavy, I can't wait to hear it.

Troy's QC SRT said:
Iv'e heard that they sound like crap.....
I own them and I agree. ;) With my NA bolt on 600hp engine, they only sound good at idle and once up to speed. Taking off and getting the rpms up sounds like a loud UPS truck, ugly as shit. But at idle and doing 30mph or 80mph with a set throttle? Mean as hell! Best thing is, you don't have to use them, they are their if you want them. I use them heaps while cruising the city streets, rumbling past people, turns heads big time hahaha. Performance with them open drops considerably. Maybe they will be more at home on a higher hp/FI truck? Not sure. Would I get them again? In a heart beat!! 2c

Carlwalski said:
I own them and I agree. ;) With my NA bolt on 600hp engine, they only sound good at idle and once up to speed. Taking off and getting the rpms up sounds like a loud UPS truck, ugly as shit. But at idle and doing 30mph or 80mph with a set throttle? Mean as hell! Best thing is, you don't have to use them, they are their if you want them. I use them heaps while cruising the city streets, rumbling past people, turns heads big time hahaha. Performance with them open drops considerably. Maybe they will be more at home on a higher hp/FI truck? Not sure. Would I get them again? In a heart beat!! 2c

Ill keep that in mind...i still have a single 3" dmh cutout that was on my hemi, buy another and a y and i would be good to go.....maybe ill give it a try...maybe i wont...

yep i have QTP elev cutouts and i will be removing them - they only sould good at ldle other then that :argh:

What about after the cut-outs adding a flowmaster 10series on each side.... or any muffler just for something different every know and then

I have them as well. Mainly use them for showing off, or when pulling up into a car show :D

An extremely pissed UPS truck. On mine the performance seems to be about the same. I love the idle, not so much 1 & 2nd gears, when you get it rolling it sounds better. I'm still very happy I put them on. Since I changed the exhaust I can feel the power difference in the seat of my pants. What made the most difference though after numerous test drives with different configurations was welding in a cross pipe. After I did that I could really feel a change. The Cutouts are probably the craziest thing you could add to a vehicle like this, but they sure are fun. You have to admit, when you downshift from 6th on the highway with the cutouts open, Wow, if that doesn't make you smile, nothing will. These trucks are the most socially unacceptable trucks ever built and the closest thing to a real 60's muscle car that this generation will ever see. Most people don't know or have any idea what these trucks are and thats a plus in my book. Thats what makes the SRT's fun. Now if I can talk my wife into putting cutouts on her SRT8 300.

Yea a cross pipe seems like the way to go.....any pics of where yall are putting this cross pipe? What exactly is this cross pipe doing? Are yall putting the pipes before or after the cross pipe? I plan on going with a catless mid so how should i do my exhaust?

mine are in the mids,

b4 i remove them - this weekend when i finish the exhaust im going to move them to just after the mufflers see what it sounds like.... if not there coming off

Picture149.jpg

Troy's QC SRT said:
Yea a cross pipe seems like the way to go.....any pics of where yall are putting this cross pipe? What exactly is this cross pipe doing? Are yall putting the pipes before or after the cross pipe? I plan on going with a catless mid so how should i do my exhaust?

A good exhaust man can help you figure out where it needs to go, mine are about a foot behind the front cats, in front of the crossmember, we split the difference between the cats and the dumps. It looks like the factory did it. After all the stuff we did to the exhaust, Magnaflow cat back system, cut off the 2 back cats, cutouts. I drove it around this weekend and I could tell the difference, but the best thing I did was to put that crossover pipe in on Monday, you could really feel it. Sounds better all through the gears, even with the dumps open. Next week it goes back under the sawsaw and the other 2 cats are coming off. I think all the cross pipe does is equalize the pressure in the system. We measured the system and left side was about 15 inches longer.

Last edited:
The Viper motor sounds like a 6 cyl Corvair.

Not one of the best sounds in the performance world.

I have electric cutouts on the red truck and they are kinda cool

I've got them to. When you are driving it sound like a truck... but when u let it stand in neutral it has the sound of a high-power v8..:rock:

I like it.;)

after this weekend, i will make a vid of them open and a few drive by's

:)

my truck needs to be running 1st :p

05QCSRT10 said:
How do people think cutouts sound bad?:banghead:

IMO - i think they sound GREAT at idle - but at WOT or cruzin around is another story

but like i said - i will make a video :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back