Engine Knock

I doubt the heads are warped,, i called the bent pushrod, same thing happened to mine,, get a new push rod in there and see how it goes,, I bet all will be fine....

Thanks for the replies guys. I haven't talked to the mechanic since but from what I understood he ordered the push rod, installed it, and then hand cranked it to see how everything reacted. He's the owner of the place and I trust him. Family and friends have taken their vehicles to him and he'll tell them to change their air filter, or a bulb etc., if he thinks they're handy enough (instead of overcharging to do it like a dealership). I didn't ask him whether he had already taken the heads off but he might have at the time of the call. When he gets back Monday I'll ask him about it and see how he knew the heads were warped without taking them off...if he hadn't. Thanks again! I'll keep ya'll posted
Zach

I know when my balancer came loose back in 2005, before it was a known issue with these trucks, the dealer wanted $8000.00 to fix it,, i told them to show me the problem, and the snout of the crank had minor wear on it, told them to sand it down and put on a new darn balancer and quit trying to rip me off. and 300$ later the truck ran fine with and never had a problem...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back