Engine light

jelms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I uncovered my girl today and decided to drive her to work and would you know the check engine light was on:confused:

I had to turn around and drive the X5 to work again. She sat for three months and I only started her about three times a month. I'm sure nothing serious is wrong, but I'm still a little pissed that I have to take her into the stealership to see what is up...

The weather is getting good again and I really want to drive her. I guess I'll be calling to see what is up next week.

-jeff

if you had a sts tuner, you could see the code & clear it........ there's another way to see the code on the dash, but i forget what you do to see the code...... you could just disconnect the battery for a few to see if the cel goes away....:dontknow:

As long as the light isnt flashing there is no immediate problem...turn ignition key from off to on 3 times leaving the switch on the 3rd time...do not start....you will get a code number which you can search here......otherwise just remove your battery cable for 10 minutes and the light will be gone..

to erase codes the fast way after checking,take the neg. cable off then turn your key on and then hold the start button for 30 sec.,turn key off,rehook cable ,Done!

Thanks for all the pointers guys. You guys :rock: :rock: :rock:

Well it's a P0455. Little dark to do anything about it now. Guess I'll take a look at the gas cap tomorrow and see if anything is wrong with it. I'll clear the code and see what happens after that.

Thanks again guys.

-jeff

Loose gas cap code is nothing dude. Make sure you put the cap on properly and the light will go off automatically in about 50 miles of driving......or clear the light via the battery cable.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back