Engine Temp: Normal or Hot?

try some water wetter in your cooling system, its supposed to drop the temps some

Yup, someone mentioned that earlier but thanks all the same. :) I guess I don't want "some", I want it COOL. :D At least 170F at normal running temperature.

Carlwalski said:
Yup, someone mentioned that earlier but thanks all the same. :) I guess I don't want "some", I want it COOL. :D At least 170F at normal running temperature.
dont know if you'll be able to get there. i had a 170 tstat and and ecm updated and mine still ran 190 to 200 in the winter and summer here in the south.

eddie102870 said:
dont know if you'll be able to get there. i had a 170 tstat and and ecm updated and mine still ran 190 to 200 in the winter and summer here in the south.
If I don't, it won't be through a lack of trying lol :laugh: As mentioned earlier, I'm going to get an aftermarket oil cooler, something pretty decent, Perma Cool is looking good. Will probably go with a cooler w/fan as well. Something around 900cfm-1,250cfm with some crimped braided hose. Which brings me to my previous question. What fittings does Tony's oil lines run? -6 or -8 AN males? I've searched but I don't think he even has an "Oil Lines" thread in his section. :confused: Thanks for the input Eddie. :)

Back