Ethenol

500snakz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES! I finally found a station that sells gasoline WITHOUT ethenol. Regular and premium...
A thread about NON-ethenol gas stations and locations would be sweet.
Post up the locations that you have found.

North Carolina, Elizabeth City area.
Eagle Mart on weeksville road beside the Coast Guard base.:rock:

yea i guess im going to have to start keeping my eye out and try to fill up on non-E gas.....

:dontknow: :dontknow: Is it bad if we do run Ethenol gas in our 10S? Just asking

ram_vs_cougar said:
:dontknow: :dontknow: Is it bad if we do run Ethenol gas in our 10S? Just asking

Almost every station in the country sells gas with up to 10% ethanol...will run fine but you lose a very small amount of power due to the ethanol lower BTU rating (less energy per gallon)....

....this is not to be confused with E-85 which is up to 85% ethanol and requires special tuning and maybe a upgrade to the whole fuel system.....vehicles that have the "Flex Fuel" emblems can burn E-85.

Non-ethanol stations are all over upper East TN......they usually have big signs advertising it..

2 places here in Eufaula, Youngs Big Mouth and Lakeside oil right next door to the shop.

500snakz said:
YES! I finally found a station that sells gasoline WITHOUT ethenol. Regular and premium...

This is the only place here. Next closest is about 1 1/2 hours away.

500snakz said:

Why don't you like the Ethanol-blended fuel?

ethanol fuel sucks...it makes the truck get less mpg...and i have 88k...and i check every fillup (it's a write-off) at least 2 mpg every tank...which...i ONLY fill up if i'm in a pinch and won't make it...

i have to clean my carbs in my lawn tractor and tools out cuz it gums up the carbs prematurely...

it's shit trash...

OK Tampa area Florida Guys ---Where is the real gas around are area--- Let the search begin....

I use husky 94 with 10% enthanol because all our other stations around here premium is only 91 octane.

viperhauler said:
ethanol fuel sucks...it makes the truck get less mpg...and i have 88k...and i check every fillup (it's a write-off) at least 2 mpg every tank...which...i ONLY fill up if i'm in a pinch and won't make it...

i have to clean my carbs in my lawn tractor and tools out cuz it gums up the carbs prematurely...

it's shit trash...

Dan-

I've used nothing but 94 octane (Ethanol Blend) for 5 years in my truck.

Yes, it is harder on fuel because the o2 sensors pick up the extra oxygen (when it burns) and adds more fuel to compensate. But it also makes more power.

62,000+ miles and still nice and clean inside...

Can't say about the lawnmowers...;)

Could be a difference between Husky/Mohawk (here) and your fuel made by (???) down there.. dunno...

Last edited:
we don't have 94 around here...well...not commonly...i almost always use 93 non ethanol...

maybe the longer burn helps lessen the carbon buildup?????????

the weedeater runs great, tho:D

viperhauler said:
we don't have 94 around here...well...not commonly...i almost always use 93 non ethanol...

maybe the longer burn helps lessen the carbon buildup?????????

the weedeater runs great, tho:D

Did you take the cats off the Weedie??

Dan- YOU still a funny guy...

Last edited:
I have never seen ethanol gum up anything. They don't recommend it in cars that have ran regular gas for a long period of time because it will break apart all of the crap and gum from regular fuel and flush it out into your motor, it also supposedly will break down various rubber lines and hoses on non compatible stuff. At 10 percent in a 25 gallon mix that is not crap for power and ethanol actually makes power because it runs cooler in the combustion mix and is much higher octane. I don't know what the offset would be (you would need some dyno time) but I would guess 93 with ethanol and 93 without wouldn't make a 1 hp difference. I have ran it on several vehicles-race cars not daily drivers using mixes of E85 to straight E85 with awesome results . However really bad things about Ethanol!
-Gas Mileage Sucks.
-Its density changes alot with temperature so it is a tuning nightmare on older carbureted vehicles.
-ETHANOL absorbs water when not sealed! So when you have your gas can sitting in your garage and the vent cap is not on its going bad fast. Same for your riding lawn mower, weedeater, or muscle car or boat with a non-sealed fuel system.

Jodurt said:
I have never seen ethanol gum up anything. They don't recommend it in cars that have ran regular gas for a long period of time because it will break apart all of the crap and gum from regular fuel and flush it out into your motor
-Gas Mileage Sucks.
I have used 94 from Husky here in Edmonton and it worked fine in the truck.
Not too worried about gas mileage in the SRT and it seemed to run very well.

But my old Harley sure wasn't happy with it. It complained pretty bad, real noticable that the carb just isn't jetted for it.
Finally smartened up after I burnt a tankfull of reg 91 Oct. Won't do that again.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back