EXHAUST....Check Engine light HELP!!!

titus7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just installed Catless mids and magnaflows and my check engine light won't go away. Checked it with a scanner and it keeps throwing code for my O2 sensor? Any ideas??? Will the SCT programmer from SCT help this??

who's mids did you install ?
what type of sims (electrical or mechanical) did you install with them ?
if sims are installed corectly, did you damage your o2 sensor or is it just bad ?

did you unplug you battery for a few hours then run for a while to allow the pcm to reset ?

If they are electric sims from Boomer,you may need to switch the yellow and pink wires.That was the only way to get mine working with no codes.

Give him a call.He was VERY helpful when mine was installed.Talked me through everything.

if you are using the stock o2's you can get extensions to get your sensor out of the exhaust flow, you probably have a lot more flow now since the exhaust mod. this will trick it, it wont see as much flow..

TNVIPER said:
Roe had told me you could just leave the rear sensors in the air and you would have no codes...

My auto professor said the same thing. Do they make plugs to fill in the holes?

I think they call them spark plug non-foulers. Not sure.........you could do a search for posts made by Stick. He went through it all. My DC stage two turns em off.................maybe the SCT programer can do the same thing.:dontknow:

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back