Exhaust question!

Blacksnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have decided that Electric Exhaust cutouts would be the best choice for my situation. I have searched the forum and can't find a definitive answer on which brand is the best choice. Could someone chime in and let me know. Also what size would I need to order for installing these on the stock exhaust system.

Thanks

Blacksnake said:
I have decided that Electric Exhaust cutouts would be the best choice for my situation. I have searched the forum and can't find a definitive answer on which brand is the best choice. Could someone chime in and let me know. Also what size would I need to order for installing these on the stock exhaust system.

Thanks

My electric cut lasted 4 runs at the track before the rubber melted at the electric motor. I'm not sure what brand they were but maybe JMB Justin will chime in on this.

Also electric are known for their exhaust leaks coming from the plate that doesn't seat properly after a short period of time.

I would recommend manual plates instead of electric cutouts.

Are you sure cutouts is what you want? They are nasty loud and power robbing to boot.
I made a set open pipes for my 05 rc just to hear what it sounded like :ahhhhh: Paypal for shipping and you can have them!

Westxsrt10 said:
Are you sure cutouts is what you want? They are nasty loud and power robbing to boot.
I made a set open pipes for my 05 rc just to hear what it sounded like :ahhhhh: Paypal for shipping and you can have them!

My wife likes the truck quiet and I like it loud. thats why I thought this would be perfect and rather inexpensive to do. I appreciate the offer but I could not have those on permanently.

I think the open exhaust sounds like crap and after driving for 5 minutes it became really annoying. Getting rid of the cats will be a major improvement in sound and is still very comfortable just cruising around, decibel wise.

Ditto to that.. i had mine with straight pipes before the magnaflow mufflers came. That was just stupid sounding.. heck with the mufflers on it still drones like a mother in the cab!

wyoramsrt-10 said:
I think the open exhaust sounds like crap and after driving for 5 minutes it became really annoying. Getting rid of the cats will be a major improvement in sound and is still very comfortable just cruising around, decibel wise.

Well I would imagine no cats would be a problem with emissions which I will have to do in the near future. I am sure the open exhaust will get annoying but thats the beauty of having electric cutouts, hit the switch and your back to stock.

if you put the cutouts behind the cats all 4 of them.. it might not be to bad. any experience on this ladies?? but the cutouts infront of the cats would just sound like shit.

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
if you put the cutouts behind the cats all 4 of them.. it might not be to bad. any experience on this ladies?? but the cutouts infront of the cats would just sound like shit.

That is what I am planning on doing. Does the truck really have 4 cats? Do you happen to know what size piping they used for the stock exhaust?

Thanks

I know Boomer sells a set of low voltage bypass cutouts that looked real nice. Call him and he may be able to set you up. Hit a button and it goes to open pipes.

Blacksnake said:
That is what I am planning on doing. Does the truck really have 4 cats? Do you happen to know what size piping they used for the stock exhaust?

Thanks
Yep 4 cats. Two on each bank. The stock exhaust is 2.5 inches.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back