Expensive Free Oil Change

Silverback said:
Well after I finished work today I stop by the Dodge dealer to see if they had any openings for an oil change. Well they had one opening at 1:00. It was only 10:30 so I told them I would be back.

On my way out I ran into the salesman that I have bought most of my vehicles from and he asked what I was up to. I told him I would be back later for an oil change, and he said, leave the truck and take a new Nitro home. My daughter had been in yesterday to get the oil changed in her car and Ken has seen her and her future husband looking at one on the showroom floor.

So anyway, the short version of the story is that even though I get free oil changes, by the time the day was done I had given a substantual down payment on a new Nitro for my daughter in order to get the payments down to where she could afford the car.

Actually I have to admit, it's a nice little car. I just hope she takes better care of this one than the last one.

That is awesome!! I still love my Nitro the same as the day I got it! There is a website just for Nitro owners... nitroforumz.com.
Being the first year and all, there have been a few TSB's but nothing real major (I haven't had any with mine). The three most common that I see have been window issues ~ no recall or TSB on it but still covered under warranty (but easily fixed with the dealer replacing the switch), ABS module ~ Safety Recall F50 (they reprogram it) and one that is a transmission shudder (TSB # 21-002-07). Most of these deal with vehicles made before December 2006 and deal with the 3.7L. The dealership is suppose to take care of all of these before they sell you the vehicle, so you should be fine.
There's a new one that just came out March 14,2007...
"The customer may experience a slight ** high frequency (pitch) ** whistle-like sound while
driving. This sound is not loud and may not be noticed by most drivers" ~ TSB 09-001-07. I haven't noticed it, but it applies to vehicles made before March 12th on 3.7L only.
I knew being the first year, that it may have issues, but it's nothing major and not everyone experiences any of these. I still wouldn't change it for anything!!
Here are some pics...

Attachments

• 100_0219.jpg
    100_0219.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 100_0221.jpg
    100_0221.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 100_0220.jpg
    100_0220.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 100_0212.jpg
    100_0212.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 100_0214.jpg
    100_0214.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Turtle(Mutt'sGirl) said:
"The customer may experience a slight ** high frequency (pitch) ** whistle-like sound while
driving. This sound is not loud and may not be noticed by most drivers" ~ TSB 09-001-07. I haven't noticed it

Drive it faster Turtle!!!!

Turtle(Mutt'sGirl) said:
That is awesome!! I still love my Nitro the same as the day I got it! There is a website just for Nitro owners... nitroforumz.com.
Being the first year and all, there have been a few TSB's but nothing real major (I haven't had any with mine). The three most common that I see have been window issues ~ no recall or TSB on it but still covered under warranty (but easily fixed with the dealer replacing the switch), ABS module ~ Safety Recall F50 (they reprogram it) and one that is a transmission shudder (TSB # 21-002-07). Most of these deal with vehicles made before December 2006 and deal with the 3.7L. The dealership is suppose to take care of all of these before they sell you the vehicle, so you should be fine.
There's a new one that just came out March 14,2007...
driving. This sound is not loud and may not be noticed by most drivers" ~ TSB 09-001-07. I haven't noticed it, but it applies to vehicles made before March 12th on 3.7L only.
I knew being the first year, that it may have issues, but it's nothing major and not everyone experiences any of these. I still wouldn't change it for anything!!
Here are some pics...

Thanks for the info on the TSB's Turtle.

Here's some pictures of theirs. I was able to bribe them with breakfast so they came over so I could take a couple pic's.

Very cool ~ color is interesting. I may be getting a new gas door (not quite sure yet). I still have the original solid black one in the box ~ was thinking about painting a silver metallic tribal sea turtle on it and putting that on the Nitro, then I would be left with the chrome gas door. I want to be different and since there's not many appearance mods you can do to these things yet everyone seems to be installing the chrome gas doors. If I do go with a different gas door ~ I would sell my chrome one to you for $35 including shipping (if your daughter would want one on hers). I think they sell at the dealership for like $75 ~ which I think is absolutely outrageous!

Turtle said:
Very cool ~ color is interesting. I may be getting a new gas door (not quite sure yet). I still have the original solid black one in the box ~ was thinking about painting a silver metallic tribal sea turtle on it and putting that on the Nitro, then I would be left with the chrome gas door. I want to be different and since there's not many appearance mods you can do to these things yet everyone seems to be installing the chrome gas doors. If I do go with a different gas door ~ I would sell my chrome one to you for $35 including shipping (if your daughter would want one on hers). I think they sell at the dealership for like $75 ~ which I think is absolutely outrageous!

I will mention it to them and see if they are interested.

GOOD STORY.MUST BE A NICE DEALER!!!
I LIKE THE WAY THEY LOOK.(NITRO)
SRT VERSION COMING??

How much do those things run?

wont grow old said:
GOOD STORY.MUST BE A NICE DEALER!!!
I LIKE THE WAY THEY LOOK.(NITRO)
SRT VERSION COMING??

I keep asking and all I hear is "I hear that rumor" but no one can really give me a solid answer. Should would be nice!!

Joanna took a test drive in one the other day, she liked it..Very cool Silver, your pretty soft for a primate..:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back