ext. warranty worth it in my case?

sy1616

Reaction score
I am looking to buy an SRT-10 RC this week. L:ikely a truck (have yet to decide which) with ~15k miles. This will be a truck that is used maybe 2-3K per year. Is it worth it to pay $2k plus for a warranty in which I will drive 5-6k over its term?

I tend to think it's a waste of money but seek your advise. Yes, I know the engines are expensive but after 15k miles I would assume it's sound right?

Thanks! ;)

I never buy extended warranties because I think they are a waste of money in most cases..some exceptions though..of course if you have a major problem occur then they are great....if you are only going to put 5-6K miles on the truck during your ownership I would pass..JMO..:dontknow:

If you are buying one with mods, and have a killer dealer willing to work with you, yes

if not , no, most dealers frown upon mods;)

LOLOL oh , but i will sell you all the mods you want!

TNVIPER said:
I never buy extended warranties because I think they are a waste of money in most cases..some exceptions though..of course if you have a major problem occur then they are great....if you are only going to put 5-6K miles on the truck during your ownership I would pass..JMO..:dontknow:

Kind of what I was thinking. I've had too many examples where they say this and that needs replacing and oh btw, that particular part isn't included in the warranty. :argh:

Stinker said:
If you are buying one with mods, and have a killer dealer willing to work with you, yes

if not , no, most dealers frown upon mods;)

LOLOL oh , but i will sell you all the mods you want!

Oh, I'll be in touch! :rock:

Before you buy, run the carfax, do as much research as you can. Before I bought my brand new 06 RC in Jan of this year, I looked into several used trucks. Some scary stuff out there, some folks beat these vehicles into submission, some wrecked and rebuilt and dumped as a trade in on something else or sold at dealer suction from state to state. Be careful of the "roadside" used car dealers, besides the risk of a POS, you're lender may command a higher interest rate, unless your paying cash. My $0.02 of advice.

if your only driving 2-3k per year its not worth the money. dont buy the warranty.

i have one but drive mine daily. and have a great local service dept. so i drive it like it was meant to be driven. cost was worth the peace of mind in my case.

Also warranties are marked up about 110% so you can offer them about half of their asking and they'll bite.
I worked in the business its such a money maker.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back