Extreme Home Makeover, around the corner

WAZZSUP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So ABC is doing a home within just a short distance from my house. They updated the city that it has it narrowed down to 5 family's. The word on the street is it is located within about 1/4 mile of my place. I guess this Extreme Home show is huge????
The sign up for those wanting to work was last week, 650 people was where they stopped taking names. A friend of ours Rob Arnold (Arnold Construction) is the owner of the construction company giving the use of his equipment. This coming Thursday they will simply show up knock on the door a change someone's life in our town forever.
The reason I got involved was we donated the labor to assemble 1400 kits that will be given to guest of the show. In exchange for payment they are allowing our company to put a tri-fold in the box plus we will be listed on the ABC web-site as a supplier. As some of you know we invested a ton in Feb to start doing direct mail as well as everything else we do. Hopefully Monday they will have us do some mail merge releases for area businesses.
We are assembling corrugated tool boxes with all sorts of goodies, kind of like the MTV awards. I'll snap some pictures as the build develops.

They redid the Boynton Beach ballpark for the little league team here a few years ago after the hurricanes. :rock:

they did the season finally just blocks from my best friend.

nightmare, and people get stupid about it. there is always controversy, and the value of the homes on the block drop like rocks.

scoobert said:
they did the season finally just blocks from my best friend.

nightmare, and people get stupid about it. there is always controversy, and the value of the homes on the block drop like rocks.

Such a downer.:thumpdown:

WAZZSUP said:
So ABC is doing a home within just a short distance from my house. They updated the city that it has it narrowed down to 5 family's. The word on the street is it is located within about 1/4 mile of my place. I guess this Extreme Home show is huge????
The sign up for those wanting to work was last week, 650 people was where they stopped taking names. A friend of ours Rob Arnold (Arnold Construction) is the owner of the construction company giving the use of his equipment. This coming Thursday they will simply show up knock on the door a change someone's life in our town forever.
The reason I got involved was we donated the labor to assemble 1400 kits that will be given to guest of the show. In exchange for payment they are allowing our company to put a tri-fold in the box plus we will be listed on the ABC web-site as a supplier. As some of you know we invested a ton in Feb to start doing direct mail as well as everything else we do. Hopefully Monday they will have us do some mail merge releases for area businesses.
We are assembling corrugated tool boxes with all sorts of goodies, kind of like the MTV awards. I'll snap some pictures as the build develops.
very cooll Wazzup, maybe a good boost for biz:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

scoobert said:
and the value of the homes on the block drop like rocks.
This I don't understand. Usually they take a neglected home and make it fantastic. If anything it should bring the home values up.:dontknow:

imagine if someone built a 8000 square foot house 100' from yours.
now you have this huge thing worth 1 million bucks next to your 200k house.
who the heck wants to live next to that.

Its usually the opposite here...at least in S.D , if a 1mil dollar house is next to you, up goes your property value :p

scoobert said:
imagine if someone built a 8000 square foot house 100' from yours.
now you have this huge thing worth 1 million bucks next to your 200k house.
who the heck wants to live next to that.

Me......

In my neighborhood the houses range from 125k to 1.3 million

It's a very good neighborhood at that

Oh and very cool Wazzsup, they did one here a few years back, it was AWESOME!

Here is our part

We have assembled 1,500 kits for the special guest of the show. Started yesterday afternoon and will finish with about 180 man-hours involved. There is supposedly the link to our business up on the site now for ABC

Attachments

• DCP_1479.JPG
    DCP_1479.JPG
    553.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DCP_1484.JPG
    DCP_1484.JPG
    502.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DCP_1477.JPG
    DCP_1477.JPG
    481.9 KB · Views: 27
Tom, the show means well, but no one addresses what happens after they leave, the couple in West Chester recently sold their house (with current market, they sold it below value) although they built it especially for the small child with lifts etc....the family claims the taxes and other expenses ....now all the work for nothing especially IF you would have been one of the people that gave a week of your life to help the family and they sell the house....I wonder ( have heard rumors as well) how many houses "survive" after the show is gone....just my $.02

walbert said:
They redid the Boynton Beach ballpark for the little league team here a few years ago after the hurricanes. :rock:

First off kick butt that you are helping out.

Second I like this type of work that they do much better. It effects the whole community. Everyone benefits from the work and all around I think its a better idea.

having built a few houses I cannot believe that they can build a custom that fast. The old adage 1 person for 1000 hours, does not equal 1000 people for 1.

Just an update on whats - what around here

The Air Force Base has helped allot with equipment. It is really cool on-site. My badge as a VIP gets me somewhat close. My business partner and I will be at a special lunch for the outside construction guys Tuesday morning....serving food :)Tuesday the inside crews get started. The only way to get close is via school busses, but they run every 5 - 10 min's so there is no waiting.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 14
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 14
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 17
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 16
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 15
Saturday Night

On Saturday night the old house was gone and the foundation pour was done. At 7:00 last night they put the first floor joust in place, before work today the sticks were done and the prefab walls up. They are building everything between the backyards of all the homes on the Street then throwing them up...chop-chop. The play ground in the backyard is way cool. Only thing missing is a Red SRT QC in the garage .

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 15
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 15
Pastohio said:
Tom, the show means well, but no one addresses what happens after they leave, the couple in West Chester recently sold their house (with current market, they sold it below value) although they built it especially for the small child with lifts etc....the family claims the taxes and other expenses ....now all the work for nothing especially IF you would have been one of the people that gave a week of your life to help the family and they sell the house....I wonder ( have heard rumors as well) how many houses "survive" after the show is gone....just my $.02

I have heard there are several .... but it seems people are losing their homes without being on the show, true shame. On the bright side...no home, no Pontiacs....but were getting health care :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back