Factory Stereo Sub Add-On

Impulse83

Reaction score
Heres my issue I just upgraded the factory sound system to the factory kicker system (both speakers and sub) i also just bought a JL quad cab stealthbox to go under the rear seat. i'm planning to also do a mygig later on an don't want to go aftermarket and loose the uconnect or steering controls. my issue is i have an REC nav and no where to get signal output for the additional sub, any one know of a device or way to get signal from the stereo?

Keenan

I don't believe you can do it.

When I upgraded I had to by-pass the factory amp altogether.

Do it right and get a new amp, it will vastly improve the sound anyway.

It can be done. I will look at where I tagged for the subs. This is off the facotry REC radio

DSC00546.jpg

wesalbert said:
It can be done. I will look at where I tagged for the subs. This is off the facotry REC radio

DSC00546.jpg

But, not the factory amp, right?

I have the factory REC radio, factory amps (behind dash and under drivers seat), factory mids and highs. All I added was the 4- 10's and Alpine amps to power them. I came off the factory sub amp with high to low converters.

Connector on the amp
Reading pins left to right from wire side.

Pin3- Pink/Yellow 12v Dc amp turn on
Pin4- Green/Black Right ch +
Pin5- Gray/Black Right ch -
Pin6- Gray/White Left ch -
Pin7 Green/White Left ch +

Of course I am not responsible for you blowing up your stuff. Take this as a guidance. Test them on your own. If you don't know how, take it to someone who does :D Its working for me though.
The High/Low converter I am using is a SNI-35 by PAC (adjustable output adaptor)

365922bf.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back