Factory Sub

10banger said:
Thanks for your help man! I'm really not interested in spending that kind of $ on a sub and amp combo. I'm not really too concerned with boo-coodles of bass. I would just like to find the factory sub so that I don't have a big hole behind my arm rest! I do appreciate your input!

Tim
no problem, glad to help...... sounds like ctsrt10 has ya taken care of on the sub/box. :)

So got the sub from Paul and I found out that the reason I have a big hole behind my armrest is because the factory amp doesn't work......:mad:
BTW Paul thanks for all your help.... you were very great to deal with and I would refer you anytime!
Anyone got one for sale.....:dontknow:

Go and download the Mopar Performance Catalog. There is a Matrix that shows the Exact Kicker replacement for the Ram trucks. They do not list the 2004 year only 2005-Present.

The file will be an Adobe PDF file. After download simply do a search on any of the below part numbers and it will carry you straight to the Matrix.... :)

If the 05 Sub Box will fit the 04 then the Kicker part number is "77KICK13AB" comes with 200w amp... :)

If you have the Base sound system then the Door speakers are "77KICK06"
If you have the Premium sound system then the Door and Dash speakers are "77KICK11"

Amp for speakers 4.1 Channel Base Sound System 184w is "77KICK35"
Amp for speakers 8 Channel Premium Sound System 368w is "77KICK18AB"
The Rear speakers are "77KICK32"

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
what the heck did you do all this for? you realize that a MTX and 200 watt amp would have been cheaper right? like under 100 bucks....

So I got the new amp today and it still doesn't work. I'm starting to get real pissed now.:mad: Here is a list of things that I've went through and done to troubleshoot:

1. Checked fuses underneath the hood - all fuses were ok:shot:
2. Checked wiring in sub enclosure - everything appears to be ok:shot:
3. Took a volt meter to the harness that connects to the sub and got a reading from one of the tits that are in the harness:shot:

I believe I'm going to try to hook the sub up to a different source tonight to verify that it works. Does anyone else have any ideas as to why it isn't working? Any and all help is appreciated.

10banger said:
So I got the new amp today and it still doesn't work. I'm starting to get real pissed now.:mad: Here is a list of things that I've went through and done to troubleshoot:

1. Checked fuses underneath the hood - all fuses were ok:shot:
2. Checked wiring in sub enclosure - everything appears to be ok:shot:
3. Took a volt meter to the harness that connects to the sub and got a reading from one of the tits that are in the harness:shot:

I believe I'm going to try to hook the sub up to a different source tonight to verify that it works. Does anyone else have any ideas as to why it isn't working? Any and all help is appreciated.
you bought another stock amp.......? :dontknow:

sorry to hear, refer to post #7. :)

from the old amp connector under the center seat in an RC, you tap on to the 2 end wires on the connector (green/brown & gray/brown) for your inputs.... the green/brown wire is the negative/ground & the gray/brown wire is the positive connection...... if you're getting signal there, you've got another bad amp....... go aftermarket.:)

Last edited:
I'm glad to report that it's finally working. :D After checking everything with my volt meter everything was getting power. I took the sub out of the sub out of the sub enclosure and found out that the harnesses were crossed causing the sub to not work.

Now I have a factory amp for sale....I will be creating a new thread to sale this. Thanks to everyone who helped!:rock:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back