Fallen Hero

black pearl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A very good friend of our family son lost his life serving our country.

Esau I. De la Pena- Hernandez, 25, of La Puente; staff sergeant, Army. died May 15 at Forward Operating Base Shank in central Afghanistan's Lowgar province of injuries suffered when their unit was attacked with small-arms fire while on foot patrol in Chak in Wardak province, southwest of Kabul. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry) at Ft. Drum, N.Y.

Joined the Marine Corps in 2002 and signed up for the Army in April 2006. He had previously served 3 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. De La Peña-Hernandez was humble about his military service, and did not complain to his family about anything. Family members were shocked to discover after his death that he had earned nearly 20 decorations during his service.

Tomorrow May 25th would have been his 26th birthday

RIP Soldier!

God Bless him and his family!

Thank you for your sacrifice.

"Freedom is not Free"

May God bless his family and All other Familys who have lost A BRAVE loved one in battle.

God Bless his Family

Rest in peace, brother and sargeant........

A loving nation is forever in your debt......

............... For the cause of freedom..........

D

My prayers will be for him and his family.

My Feelings run strong on this subject;

Pride – For the Honor, Courage and Commitment of our Service Members
Shame – For individuals that don’t understand their freedom comes from such heroes
Joy – That men and women care enough fight for those who can’t fight for themselves
Sadness – That good people like this have to die in defense of freedom
Happiness – That I can enjoy safety and freedom thanks to their sacrifice
Disgust – That some don’t understand that their rights have been paid for in blood

The list is endless…..

May God Bless and Keep Safe those that protect us every day... Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, Firemen, and Police

Thank you for your ultimate sacrifice.

Today, in spite of feeling poorly, I went to the store and purchased "Old Glory". My daughter helped me to hang her on the front porch. She is hanging there to honor those in service. Thank You.

Words cannot express...

the THANKS and GRATITUDE to those who serve! God bless you soldier and comfort those that will miss you.

21_gun_salute.jpg
"A humble soldier is a GIFT indeed, the FIRST to SACRIFICE in the time of NEED!"

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back