faulty fuel gauge

Slitherbeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you didn't know, My gas gauge was erratic and untrustworthy! :mad: So , I tried to get a sending unit from UAP-NAPA but they didn't list anything . so, I went to my local dodge dealership and ordered a fuel pump assembly . they sending unit was part of the fuel pump. so, $408.00 and 5 weeks later, i get my fuel pump assembly. I lowered the tank today and found the assembly had fallen apart!!:(:mad::mad: The new pump assembly wasn't any different so i re-enforced the tubes by installing hose clamps and installed a self tapping screw to the rods to secure it all . my guage works now and all is well !! i will reassemble the old pump assembly and check it electrically and use it as a spare. Just thought i would share.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    919.9 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 260
Yes. If you are ambitious or need to lower the tank, this mod ,I feel, is mandatory! Am I the only one with this problem? It's not a very good system! The sloshing of the fuel will stress the spring loaded basket supports to failure

Same thing happened to me, covered under extended warranty, funny thing is they had to order a second pump, they said the one that came in was broken out of the box!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back