feast your eyes on my icandy (finally)

heres another dyno sheet. seems that the power drops at 4500 and 5500 which is what it does sometimes and other times it doesn't

Attachments

• SRT10.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
71dusterjon said:
is running 11.5 a/f ratio bad at the higher rpms with this engine?

No, that's right where you want it if you have stock internals. Anything higher then 12.5 in WOT I'd worry about. Rich= Safe but slow, Lean = fast but comes with BOOOOM :)

71dusterjon said:
gave up my tacoma to get srt10. met guy in yuma to pick up the truck that was coming from san diego.

previous owner went to dc performance to do the following:
paxton supercharger
170 tstat
ecu reprogrammed
centerforce clutch
tilton flywheel
clutch slave
X-metal shifter
fuel system upgrade
belanger headers
high flow cats
magna flow exhaust
lowering kit

Super!!! :rock:

That is an ideal tune...tunes with that profile indicate someone who knows what they are doing. I run 11.5 a/f with a forged engine...but I wanted long life not max performance.

Prof said:
That is an ideal tune...tunes with that profile indicate someone who knows what they are doing. I run 11.5 a/f with a forged engine...but I wanted long life not max performance.

Yeah, around 3900 - 4800 is the zone where are motors are really prone to rattle from detonation. The stock tune pulls a bunch of timing out in this range. You definitely want to richen it up in that range, and your tune shows this.

For intermitent duty, you can run 12.5:1 safely. If you were going to run it at WOT for a long period of time whereby you would build a bunch of heat in the motor, such as if you were going to do a top speed run for 10 minutes or something, I would want the 4800 - 5800 range a little richer, around 11.5-11.8:1. But for blasts through the gears, leaner makes more power, and it won't detonate until you really start building a bunch of heat.

On my supercharged PWC's, I have to have them around 11.6:1 or so because they stay at WOT for 10 minutes at a time. At, 12.5:1, they are fine for about 1 minute or 2, but once they really get heat soaked, they will start to rattle. In the 11's, they run all day long at 12 psi boost, without a hint of rattle.

Nice truck, by the way.

Last edited:
Welcome to the f.i. club,:rock:
Now you should start saving up for tires!!!:D :D :D :burnout:

Welcome to the RBC. I hope you enjoy your truck. If you order a new belt my best advice get 2 it might be worth it. Is that Pats truck? Kinda looks like it we'll have to wait till Pat gets online he'd know better then anyone else. Taco's are still nice but nothing compared to the SRT10.

Great looking ride dude. Heed the advice with regards to FI issues. These guys know what they are talking about. We have seen way too many engines go boom!

You might want to consider some caltracs. Not sure how you are keeping her pointed straight when your on it.

Wizzy.........I think Patricks truck was wrecked a while back.

patrick

ok well i just put the truck on the dyno again because i have been having some problems around 4500. below are the hp/boost graph and the torque/hp graph. I forgot to get one with the a/f ratio but when the guy was on it stayed around 10 and then at 5 started to climb close to 12. I have called Dan at DC performance since they did all the work and will be sending him the graphs to see what he thinks.

Also what's the best programmer out there for this truck since when i asked dan if he could send the tune file and have a dyno shop tune my engine he asked if i had a programmer, which i obviously dont.

Attachments

• Dyno 2_00012.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • Dyno 21.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
:rock: :rock:
375011.jpg

Quick

71dusterjon said:
ok well i just put the truck on the dyno again because i have been having some problems around 4500. below are the hp/boost graph and the torque/hp graph. I forgot to get one with the a/f ratio but when the guy was on it stayed around 10 and then at 5 started to climb close to 12. I have called Dan at DC performance since they did all the work and will be sending him the graphs to see what he thinks.

Also what's the best programmer out there for this truck since when i asked dan if he could send the tune file and have a dyno shop tune my engine he asked if i had a programmer, which i obviously dont.

SCT probably, or VEC III.

If Dan is going to review your data he will probably want more data.

He will be your best source for information. There are only three or four top tuners for the Viper engine, and Dan is one of them.

Welcome ......... You got the fastest color ....... Proud of Ya .... lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back