Feeler, thinking of selling my Scrambler

Scrambler1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like my parents are going to sell their house in Gainesville now that my dad is retired and move to the beach. Clearly in order for them to put the house on the market I have to get the jeep out of the basement. I don't have room for it in SC and really don't have time to wheel anymore... haven't in three years. Rough specs are as follows...

84 CJ8
1997 Chevy 5.7 Vortec came out of a low mileage truck
TH400 with TCI reverse manual valve body and other internal upgrades
NP205 transfer case
High Angle Driveline 1410 joint driveshafts front and rear
2.5 Ton Rockwells with Detroit lockers, front steer with u joint shafts, hubs flipped, pinion brakes
Full hydro steering with double ended ram, new power steering pump
Custom 4 link front and rear by PORC
Fox coilovers with resoviors
5 44" TSL's on MRW bead locks, LOTS of tread left, yes 5 so a full size spare
Custom full cage (8 points to frame)
15 gal fuel cell in rear
High clearance fiberglass hood
Mastercraft seats
Warn 9500HS winch with winch rope, used I think once
All interior LineX'd
Professionally painted, cage is powdercoated

Absolutely zero rust on body or frame. This jeep has accomplished every trail in Tellico without winching. Yes it's big, yes it's heavy, but it works very well.

Jeep will be going to the shop soon to have all fluids changed, power steering pump replaced, fuel system flushed. Basically making sure it's in running order.

I'm thinking $15,000 and I'll deliver within 300 miles of Atlanta. For $1000 more you can keep the 25' deckover pintle hook trailer that I tow it with.

I really hate to sell it but I can't constitute paying to store something that I never use. I'll take some more pictures in a few weeks when I'm up there, just testing the waters right now. If anyone is serious about it I can get pictures sent to me.

678-758-1949

Attachments

• jeep lower 2.jpg
    jeep lower 2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 198
  • jeep wheel lift smaller.JPG
    jeep wheel lift smaller.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 696
JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
and here i thought it had to do something with eggs:confused:

I was hoping it was a Hurst SCrambler !!! :mad:

thats cool. joe. i could tear up some shit in that. dawn's been wanting another jeep dont think she would want to drive that to work though...lol

Nice ride!!! I see rigs a lot over on pirate4x4.com and this one seems priced reasonably. Not cheap, but looks well done and has a good build list. :rock: :rock:

Scrambler1 said:
Well it looks like my parents are going to sell their house in Gainesville now that my dad is retired and move to the beach. Clearly in order for them to put the house on the market I have to get the jeep out of the basement. I don't have room for it in SC and really don't have time to wheel anymore... haven't in three years. Rough specs are as follows...

84 CJ8
1997 Chevy 5.7 Vortec came out of a low mileage truck
TH400 with TCI reverse manual valve body and other internal upgrades
NP205 transfer case
High Angle Driveline 1410 joint driveshafts front and rear
2.5 Ton Rockwells with Detroit lockers, front steer with u joint shafts, hubs flipped, pinion brakes
Full hydro steering with double ended ram, new power steering pump
Custom 4 link front and rear by PORC
Fox coilovers with resoviors
5 44" TSL's on MRW bead locks, LOTS of tread left, yes 5 so a full size spare
Custom full cage (8 points to frame)
15 gal fuel cell in rear
High clearance fiberglass hood
Mastercraft seats
Warn 9500HS winch with winch rope, used I think once
All interior LineX'd
Professionally painted, cage is powdercoated

Absolutely zero rust on body or frame. This jeep has accomplished every trail in Tellico without winching. Yes it's big, yes it's heavy, but it works very well.

Jeep will be going to the shop soon to have all fluids changed, power steering pump replaced, fuel system flushed. Basically making sure it's in running order.

I'm thinking $15,000 and I'll deliver within 300 miles of Atlanta. For $1000 more you can keep the 25' deckover pintle hook trailer that I tow it with.

I really hate to sell it but I can't constitute paying to store something that I never use. I'll take some more pictures in a few weeks when I'm up there, just testing the waters right now. If anyone is serious about it I can get pictures sent to me.

678-758-1949

HaroldD said:
Nice ride!!! I see rigs a lot over on pirate4x4.com and this one seems priced reasonably. Not cheap, but looks well done and has a good build list. :rock: :rock:

Yep, I'll be putting it on Pirate after I get it back from the shop and decide if I'm really going to sell it or not.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back