Fiat to dump Dodge and Jeep?

Silverback

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's looking that way.

http://autos.aol.com/article/chrysler-fiat-plans?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl5|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fautos.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fchrysler-fiat-plans

http://autos.aol.com/article/chrysl.../autos.aol.com/article%2 Fchrysler-fiat-plans

"Going Away, Chrysler is expected to announce the death of the following models next week :
Chrysler PT Cruiser
Chrysler Sebring
Dodge Avenger
Dodge Caliber
Dodge Grand Caravan
Dodge Nitro
Jeep Commander
Jeep Compass
Jeep Patriot

The truth is that few of the products on this list are worth saving. Chrysler's product portfolio in America has been inconsistent and out of pace with the rest of the industry."

not a surprise, something's gotta change or chrysler is dead..... :(

frankly, the only one that surprises me is the Dodge Grand Caravan, the vehicle that brought us from the brink last time..... the rest - eh.:dontknow:

Last edited:
I worked for Chrysler Financial from 2003 up until march of this year. I no longer work there as my position was terminated. I still have a couple of friends there in high places. If my source is correct, what you should see in the next 3 years will be awesome for Chrysler. I dont expect them to cut Dodge, Chrysler, or the Jeep Brands at all. What they will do is cancel out all the currect models with brother/sister platforms by next year. In the next 3 years change completely to importing vehicles. There should be a nice increase in new models very soon, and should all have that awesome german-made feel. But yes all the current chrysler product should go away within 3 years. If they get rid of any brand it will be Dodge, but I seriously doubt it.

I can do without many Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep products. I understand there will be a Dodge Truck still. What about Jeep? No Wranglers anymore? :confused: thats sucks

Nope they will still have wranglers. The models listed havent been popular sellers anyway. The Jeep models listed cant be towed and really have no special use. They will be keeping the Grand Cherokee and the Wranglers as they are the most popular sellers.:D

rob if your source is right about them going to nothing but imported cars in 3 years it'll just be another reason for me NOT to buy a Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler.

bigike said:
Pt is a good car and the Caravan is a good mini van... Everything else could go bye bye

They wont do completely away with the Grand Caravan as they will keep the sister/ Town & country which by far is a better seller.

When I said completely import, I mean all the new platforms will be on euro platforms. Production will likely be split, some euro, some us, so dont worry things will be fine. Fiat has a lot of loot and should provide some good product.

robwclark said:
They wont do completely away with the Grand Caravan as they will keep the sister/ Town & country which by far is a better seller.

When I said completely import, I mean all the new platforms will be on euro platforms. Production will likely be split, some euro, some us, so dont worry things will be fine. Fiat has a lot of loot and should provide some good product.

The Alfa's still don't run.... Ask any European that owns one. They say it's part of the Alfa "Experience". :eek: They sure are purdy tho. :dontknow:

Black1 said:
The Alfa's still don't run.... Ask any European that owns one. They say it's part of the Alfa "Experience". :eek: They sure are purdy tho. :dontknow:

Now powertrains will prolly stay mostly domestic because of new epa garbage

BDR SRT-10 said:
Sooo, no mention of the SRT division... Any rumors or plans about that?

SRT is completely up in the air. I would guess they go away though.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back