Finally Did the Wheels and Calipers .....

JimTeTe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been wanting to do this for awhile, cleaned the calipers, and wheels inside and out, and painted the calipers with High Gloss Red ceramic paint. Went on great, only have a few hours to work with it after mixing in the hardner. Came out great though ... Here's a couple pics and a Link if ya's want to do the same, all std. colors available .... or do a search on Caliper Paint and there's a bunch of offers out there as well.

HPIM2269sm.jpg

HPIM2271sm1.jpg

http://wheelskin.com/g2_brake_caliper_paint.html

Took about 3 hours and a lot of elbow grease .....

Jim

Looks great! Now get some beer, a lawnchair, and chill out while admiring your hard work!

That's what I've been doing since yesterday. And only one side painted..LOL.. But I took frequent Gatorade breaks and took my time jacking her up, taking off the wheels, yadda yadda yadda.. I am planning on cleaning up and WD-40ing the wheel wells before re-installing the wheels. THEN, it's gonna be time for the other side. That red paint sure came out brighter.

CaliperPainting001.jpg

CaliperPainting004.jpg

CaliperPainting005.jpg

CaliperPainting006.jpg

CaliperPainting007.jpg

CaliperPainting008.jpg

Looks great!!

Who's coming to do mine!! I'll buy the paint and the Gatorade!! ;)

ntw0rk said:
Looks great!!

Who's coming to do mine!! I'll buy the paint and the Gatorade!! ;)

Too bad it got dark too quickly while waiting for the paint to properly dry.. But I'm sure I'll get her done this weekend. If not I still have two weeks off and plenty more Gatorade.

ntw0rk, dude if you were by me I would'a done it for you. I've got the floorjack, stands, Craftsman air compressor, impact wrench, torque sticks and torque wrench to to make it easy as butter. It's actually a relaxing chore, sort'a like fishing I guess.:dontknow:

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
Too bad it got dark too quickly while waiting for the paint to properly dry.. But I'm sure I'll get her done this weekend. If not I still have two weeks off and plenty more Gatorade.

ntw0rk, dude if you were by me I would'a done it for you. I've got the floorjack, stands, Craftsman air compressor, impact wrench, torque sticks and torque wrench to to make it easy as butter. It's actually a relaxing chore, sort'a like fishing I guess.:dontknow:

That's awesome man!! Sounds like my dream garage!!!:rock:

Thanks!

ntw0rk said:
That's awesome man!! Sounds like my dream garage!!!:rock:

Thanks!

:dontknow: Just some of the stuff I acquired during my past life as a mechanic... all sitting in a large MAC toolbox that rarely gets used.:(

They do look great? I am thinking about redoing mine, i just did them, but just change the front to BLACK and keep the back RED? what do you fellas think.

Big Worm said:
They do look great? I am thinking about redoing mine, i just did them, but just change the front to BLACK and keep the back RED? what do you fellas think.

I intend to eventially paint both front & back black on mine...

Big Worm said:

The red color will indeed stand out more than the black.

Nice job on the Silver truck ...

You guys know if those decals, that some of the guys have used, stand up to the heat on the outside front (facing rim) of the caliper. Seen a couple guys apply them there. Never did hear if they melted off or not, are they just Vinyl? Anybody know ???

Thanks Jim

JimTeTe said:
Nice job on the Silver truck ...

You guys know if those decals, that some of the guys have used, stand up to the heat on the outside front (facing rim) of the caliper. Seen a couple guys apply them there. Never did hear if they melted off or not, are they just Vinyl? Anybody know ???

Thanks Jim
The '04's don't have enough room for them. Get some '05 calipers and paint it on. Noid had some stickers made in reverse to use as templets then painted the viper on. His looks great.

Yeah you can't do much with the '04 calipers.. Perhaps some two toned endeavor with red and black working in concert would be cool.

yeah looks great man.. when i bought my truck the calipers were an still are faded... as soon as it's back driveable again. this will be on the top list of things to do

I don't mean to ho Jim's thread all up but at least it's still on the same subject. I just got the other side done. As soon as I wash her up here in a bit I'll post pics of the before look, the continued effort, the struggles and tears and finally the finished product. A whole friggen weekend. But it was fun.

No Prob ... Tony ... Looking forward to seeing the finish product, so post em, when you get em ..

By the way, I see you debadged (or was it that way when you got it?) I'm doing mine in the morning. A little nervous on messing up the paint job, hope I don't screw it up ..... I'll post pics as well when done ...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back