Finally got my ram up and running...

Houb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My ram sat in my friends shop for about a year before I could buy it, eventually I did (great price) but the tranny was shot and it sat for another 6 months before I could get all the correct parts together and get her running again.

Being that I live in Dubai and these trucks were never sold here parts are very very hard to find and I only trust 1 guy to work on it.

(Shoutout to Scott at V1R for the help and parts, very good at his job)

Now I've had her back for about a week now, very nervous and anxious about things going wrong again so I'm taking it kind of easy on her.

The truck has a few issues that I could use some more, more experienced and knowledgeable brains to think about.

Got a lot of questions that I hope you guys can shed some light on.

2004 RC

Is the AC compressor shared with any other car thats easier to find or am I going to have to ship one in?

My passenger side window sounds like its going to break when partially down and someone closes the door or I go over some bumps, anyone had this issue and is the mechanism easy to find and replace?

My cruise control when I turn it on shows cruise on the dash but won't set at all. What are the possible causes of this? How can I troubleshoot this?

My pedals don't move at all, is there a fuse for this? How does the pedal assembly move? Worst case scenario, how much for a new motor?

My drivers seat is missing the lever to fold the seat forwards or back, is this the same as the regular rams considering srt10's came with their own seats? If so wheres the best place to look for a replacement?

Truck feels really clunky when I hit small imperfections while turning. How much of the suspension and steering is shared with a normal ram? Could I get tie rods for a 2004 2WD dodge ram? I assume they won't use the same rack?

My truck sometimes idles pretty high, 1500-1900rpm after driving for a while, I've been told that this is a symptom of an engine running lean, however the truck smells rich from the back. Any ideas?

Finally I sometimes get the check engine light on and the code shows P1494 which is LEAK DETECTION PUMP SWITCH OR MECHANICAL FAULT. From underneath the truck it looks like the secondary cats have been emptied out, could this have anything to do with the code? If not, should I be worried about it?

Any useful information on any of these topics would be greatly appreciated!

Right now I have exams coming up but I'd like to smash this stuff out straight after that, and then I can relax and think about making the truck faster, lower and look better.

Thanks again in advance.

Amado

Are you running an aftermarket throttle body? Your high idle could be due to the blades being a little gummed up. Pull intake and look inside. You could try loosening the bolts and tightening them back up on your throttle body.

Congrats on getting your truck up and running. I assume getting parts in Dubai must be nightmarish Hope you get all the bugs worked out.

Are you running an aftermarket throttle body? Your high idle could be due to the blades being a little gummed up. Pull intake and look inside. You could try loosening the bolts and tightening them back up on your throttle body.

Stock TB, heres what I'm confused about if something like the bolts, why is it so intermittent, sometimes idle is really high, sometimes normal (I assume like 600-800 is normal).
But won't hurt to try, thanks for advice.

Congrats on getting your truck up and running. I assume getting parts in Dubai must be nightmarish Hope you get all the bugs worked out.

Thanks buddy, its amazing, my favourite thing is that only people who know what they're looking at give it a second look, theres a huge street truck scene out here so it fits in well.

In regards to parts, you have no idea man!

In Dubai, if they (ever) stock any part they have in the States, you can take the price and X3!

A viper AC compressor from a spare parts place new is $700.

Parts For Your Truck

Hello from Centennial State, you can also source most of your parts from x2builders they carry a lot of dodge ram SRT10 and viper parts. Their website is x2builders.com. Talk to the fireman Scott.

Also x2builders can hook you up with a lot of viper and ram srt10 parts they are one of the largest junkyard in Missouri/IL.

Also try ebay especially Cleveland Pick apart, they also carry a lot of ram srt10 and viper parts. They are also on ebay. You should be able to locate a lot of parts but you have to deal with the shipping charges.

Check you cruise control vacuum hose. it is probably split. It gets brittle from the under hood heat. This could be the cause of the high idle and the engine code. Vacuum for the Evap. comes from the same hose. You would have to take he door panel off and assess what parts of the window are faulty. might be something simple. Fuse 40 should be the adjustable pedals. Some trucks had troubles with breaking the mechanism......

Hello from Centennial State, you can also source most of your parts from x2builders they carry a lot of dodge ram SRT10 and viper parts. Their website is x2builders.com. Talk to the fireman Scott.

Solid info! Thank you!

Check you cruise control vacuum hose. it is probably split. It gets brittle from the under hood heat. This could be the cause of the high idle and the engine code. Vacuum for the Evap. comes from the same hose. You would have to take he door panel off and assess what parts of the window are faulty. might be something simple. Fuse 40 should be the adjustable pedals. Some trucks had troubles with breaking the mechanism......

OK awesome, hopefully the pedals issue is just the fuse. Thanks for that.

Regarding the vacuum hose, where can I find it on the truck? If thats my cruise control issue, engine code and high idle issue in one that would be ideal.

I'll do the window when I've got some more free time, hope it isn't anything to serious, hate working in the doors because you've got to try climb around the metal bracing all the time.

Hose found under throttle body, goes toward driver side fender. You'll see cruise module there. Trace vacuum lines and check for leaks :burnout:
Any parts you need I can help obviously. New or used :burnout:

Hose found under throttle body, goes toward driver side fender. You'll see cruise module there. Trace vacuum lines and check for leaks :burnout:
Any parts you need I can help obviously. New or used :burnout:

Cool will check that, thanks buddy.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back