Finally Lowered QC

ltnate3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After months of bothering Tony and him answering all my dumb questions I finally lowered her. Installed a set of RC springs up front, removed overload leaf and installed new shackles and bushings out back. Back seems to still be a little high but what do you think?

Attachments

• 459MEDIA$IMAG0384.jpg
    459MEDIA$IMAG0384.jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 595
  • 459MEDIA$IMAG0387.jpg
    459MEDIA$IMAG0387.jpg
    773.9 KB · Views: 345
  • 459MEDIA$IMAG0385.jpg
    459MEDIA$IMAG0385.jpg
    773.6 KB · Views: 303
  • 459MEDIA$IMAG0386.jpg
    459MEDIA$IMAG0386.jpg
    762.1 KB · Views: 236
image.jpgFlip the rear, still too high like you said but you're on the right track bro :rock:

Last edited:
Ok I'm a novice...does flipping the rear mean undoing all the stuff I've already done? Do I add the rear leaf back before flipping?

On the QC's the leaf springs sit above the rear axel, to "flip" the rear axel means to locate the leaf springs below or under the axel. resulting in a 3+ inch drop or lowering of the rear of the truck.

i tried also the shackles and RC springs with no succes.

buy the extreme lowering kit from Tony , that does the trick...:rock:

I do not have a pic, but on my quadcab, I installed the beltech shackles, removed the overload spring, and installed caltracs. No spring swap up front so it's not as low as yours but sits almost dead nuts level. If you removed the overload spring, I hope you have traction bars installed. Without traction bars and removing that spring the wheel hop will be terrible.

I do not have a pic, but on my quadcab, I installed the beltech shackles, removed the overload spring, and installed caltracs. No spring swap up front so it's not as low as yours but sits almost dead nuts level. If you removed the overload spring, I hope you have traction bars installed. Without traction bars and removing that spring the wheel hop will be terrible.

That was what I was thinking that the wheel hop would be really bad without the overload spring?? I have lots of wheel hop now with my overload spring, I have a drop kit for my truck, I just want to c-notch the frame first because I know the axel is going to be bouncing off the frame non stop, especially in this city!! Lol

Thanks everyone...I don't have Caltracs yet but that's my next purchase. It's starting to get cold so I won't be driving/playing with it much to be concerned with wheel hop.

Flip kit and shackles are next...

Thanks everyone...I don't have Caltracs yet but that's my next purchase. It's starting to get cold so I won't be driving/playing with it much to be concerned with wheel hop.

Flip kit and shackles are next...

V1R traction system will put cal tracs to shame ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back