Finally the crappy economy hits my family.

DOUGfir

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife got laid off today she is an Escrow assistant for Fidelity Title.
Housing market is in the toilet in Oregon right now who knows if it hit bottom yet.
:mad:

Housing market REALLY sucks in sw florida! I manage a roof and floor truss company and we have been in this mess for well over 2 years.Sorry about your wife getting laid off.We have had major layoffs as well.I went from 60 guys in the shop,down now to 15!! lost my secretary and 2 of my designers.Looks like the market is picking up a little.I am supplying trusses for 3 stores we have so I am pretty busy right nowGod I hope this mess gets better soon!Good luck to you brother,I am sure your wife will land on her feet somewhere. :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Good luck Doug, tomorrow will be a better day!
I buy and sell big ass motorhomes for a living and our business is down to a trickle.

Sorry to hear about your wife's job. Hope things get better for you soon!

I am a teacher. The student population is changing. More and more people coming back to get new skills so that when the economy turns positive again they will have new tools to take to the market.

A great strategy in my opinion. Suck it up, suffer a little more financially and invest in yourself. The older the student the easier the academics, strange but true.

Think about it, you are the very best investment...get back into school and build more skills for the future.

FATJACK said:
Good luck Doug, tomorrow will be a better day!
I buy and sell big ass motorhomes for a living and our business is down to a trickle.

I was going to ask how your business was going.

With the price of diesel being what it is, I was thinking that come the Fall time frame it might be a good time to buy. People should be bailing out of their rigs by then.

Silverback said:
I was going to ask how your business was going.

With the price of diesel being what it is, I was thinking that come the Fall time frame it might be a good time to buy. People should be bailing out of their rigs by then.

Getting close to "name your own price " now. PM me for a little info if you get ready to buy from anyone, new or used. Will be glad to help.

Bad times hit here 2 years ago. Its been a struggle ever since, we are surviving but barely. We have made cuts everywhere possible, including me getting paid, needless to say that hurts. However we WILL get through this, one way or another.

Bill.

I honestly think everything happens for a reason. Keep your head high so when it comes your way you see it....! Good Luck man.

Sorry to hear that, hang in there.

I am an Escrow Officer and have been out of work for 19 months now :mad: :mad: :mad: Most of the escrow companies in our area have closed or merged with larger companies and have skeleton crews on board for now :(

I am enrolled at our local college taking business computer classes. As Roy said, it's never to late to invest in yourself. My benefits have been extended by the State for a few months while I complete my studies.

Good luck to you and your wife, maybe she can get retrained into another field like nursing. That is where it's at right now.

Sorry to hear about your troubles!
Roy and Wifey are right - invest in yourself. I've been slowly trying to invest in myself - but it's been going so slow. Steady but slow.
I've decided that this fall semester I'm going to start barreling through so that I can be in a better place sooner.
I'm done working for a jackass that does not know how to run a business with the fear everyday that he's going to run his business into the ground and I'll come to work with the doors padlocked.
I work in the hospitality / design field and I've noticed a drastic decrease in the work that has been going through our building. I figure it's only a matter of time before they start cutting the overhead and cut the leash they have on me at the moment.

Maui which has been a boom town for years now seems more like a ghost town. Construction has slowed bigtime, homes arent selling, and visitor numbers have slowed as well. Two low cost airfare companies went bankrupt, so ticket costs have soared. What use to cost $400 RT is now $700 RT. You can trace it all back to higher fuel prices...

patrick

Hold on tight friends it could get a lot worse before it gets better. But I keep reading that the turn around is only about a year away. Just saw some glimmer of an up-tick in confidence in the US dollar...if we can get it back on some solid ground, then the cost of oil will start to decline and with a few more months of cleaning out the irresponsible lenders the housing market will once again become our bedrock...

Hold on tight...maybe just to each other...but we have to weather the storm and gut it out for maybe one more year.

Prof said:
Hold on tight friends it could get a lot worse before it gets better. But I keep reading that the turn around is only about a year away. Just saw some glimmer of an up-tick in confidence in the US dollar...if we can get it back on some solid ground, then the cost of oil will start to decline and with a few more months of cleaning out the irresponsible lenders the housing market will once again become our bedrock...

Hold on tight...maybe just to each other...but we have to weather the storm and gut it out for maybe one more year.
We must have the same Broker Roy....

Sorry to hear about your wife:( ..Hang in there.

Thanks

Thanks Everybody for the good words and good Luck to all you living through the tough times:)

ILtemprd said:
We must have the same Broker Roy....QUOTE]

Well mine is a beautiful brunette (Kia) with a body to kill for and a rack of emense proportions...she is really able to hold my attention. As are my physician (Lisa), Dentist (another Lisa) and Banker (Sharon).

If someone is going to play with my money or my body...it needs to be female and professionally perfect. Women just have to work harder...and that is important in dollars and health.

I am so happy you are back with us Shawn...

Prof said:

Sorry to say, we don't have another year left. Maybe a month if we are lucky :mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back