Finished the hood liner

Cruster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the paint dried. It looks OK. Sure don't look "custom". Have to think about something else when I win the lottery:D :D :D
Fixed the light while I was at it. Sorry about the sun glare.

PaintedHoodLiner001.jpg

PaintedHoodLiner002.jpg

PaintedHoodLiner003.jpg

Could just spray it with Chrome:rock: :rock: :rock: :D
You can buy the spray for all kinds of effects it is available from many sources,just have to Google to find:rock: :rock: :D

http://coatofchrome.com/
Coat of Chrome can coat any type of material (metal, wood, glass, plastic, stone, fiberglass, ceramic, even fabric, etc.) with a mirror-finish, silver-metal coating that exactly duplicates chrome plating or colored chrome finishes

Cruster said:
Well, the paint dried. It looks OK. Sure don't look "custom". Have to think about something else when I win the lottery:D :D :D
Fixed the light while I was at it. Sorry about the sun glare.

PaintedHoodLiner001.jpg

PaintedHoodLiner002.jpg

PaintedHoodLiner003.jpg
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I like it!!!!!

Yellow venom said:
Looks good,what kind of paint did you go with?

Flat black, high temp engine enamel for background, true red and white fabric paint for lettering. Started lettering with an oil base paint but it soaked in too fast, despite all my sealing and primer and etc., and would have required a bunch of coats. Santeen and a couple of others did theirs with fabric paint so I went down and got some....the instuctions say to "iron it on after it dries" so I just took my heat gun to it and rubberized it :D Maybe it'll stay put for a while.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back